Does "Fuel Tracking" work correctly?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
JeremyC
United States of America

Does "Fuel Tracking" work correctly?

Post by JeremyC »

So I set up the "fuel tracking" 260 mile range, warning at 30 miles

I reset at each gas station.

I've done this a few times and I have had a warning on a couple of occasions after only riding less than 100 miles. Anyone have any idea why?

I have also received warnings that there are no gas stations on my route before my tank runs dry, and I can literally see several up ahead...!

Erm....?
Exurban
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Does "Fuel Tracking" work correctly?

Post by Exurban »

I only get the low fuel warning banner and the gas pump icon turning red when it’s supposed to. However, I do get a message that seems nearly random, saying “It looks like you are making a fuel stop. Want to reset the gas gauge?” And I yell at it, “No, does it look like I’m getting gas at an ice cream stand after 60 miles since the last fill up?”

As to the no gas stations enroute, I can only guess the stations you see are not yet in its data base? Or, it might not count those because they are too close and it sees you haven’t used enough gas yet? Just speculating as I have no idea why it does some of the things it does. :)
JeremyC
United States of America

Post by JeremyC »

Thanks. How did you configure your fuel range and warning distance? Perhaps I messed that up.
Exurban
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Exurban »

Similar to yours, fuel range 200 and warning at 40. I get the red banner warning me after 160 miles.