Dashboards

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Touringbear
Great Britain

Dashboards

Post by Touringbear »

Hi everyone!
New XT no Dashboards is this correct ? I’ve been a Zumo user for years and am now stuck like many many others at the 390lm because since then all Zumo’s have now lost their ability to change dashboards, I’m in various clubs and speak to many members who are in the same boat, many phone calls and emails to Garmin have left the question unanswered, why have they removed dashboards, BMW insisted they keep them on their Navigator range as you can change the dash to a one that gives you all the info you need on one screen so no hands off bars etc. Ie total distance + distance to via + speed + altitude on my 390 I can display these in grey boxes at the bottom of the screen, it is essential for group/solo route riding so a bike can assess whether he/she can make the next stop or the end of the day or whether to drop out the group and catch up at another point. Thanks in advance for any insight cheers 🍻
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Re: Dashboards

Post by Oop North John »

Touringbear wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:15 am that gives you all the info you need on one screen so no hands off bars etc. Ie total distance + distance to via + speed + altitude on my 390 I can display these in grey boxes at the bottom of the screen,
The XT like the 590 and 595 give you the option to have that data on the right-hand side of the screen. IIRC it's map tools.
Touringbear
Great Britain

Post by Touringbear »

Yes but only one item I want all 4 on the screen 👍
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

No, Map tools if you've ticked the Trip Data box then allows you 4, from the map screen tap icon bottom right and selected Trip Data
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

sussamb wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:04 pm No, Map tools if you've ticked the Trip Data box then allows you 4, from the map screen tap icon bottom right and selected Trip Data
Real screen shot, using the Map Tools
Attachments
20200527_140546[1].jpg
20200527_140546[1].jpg (197.77 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
axamax
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

If you touch "Speed" at the bottom of the screen you get a dashboard that gives all sorts of info.
fredaroony
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Australia

Post by fredaroony »

It's an odd decision by Garmin because they could easily fit two extra fields at the bottom, maybe even three. If you have the trip data box on the right live traffic messages do not pop up

This is all I really want

sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

The dashboard you're showing for a nuvi is an older model, most nuvis now have dashboards similar to the one posted earlier in this thread.

I also don't understand your comment on traffic, the traffic data replaces the trip data automatically when traffic data is received.
fredaroony
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Australia

Post by fredaroony »

I know it's from an older model, just saying I want something like this.

You have experienced traffic data replacing trip data? Certainly wasn't my experience yesterday when I hit a 2 klms traffic jam with no notification! I switched to traffic and it was displaying the jam as expected
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I've chalked it up to the idea of, "the more a device attempts to do, the less it does well." Garmin has tried so hard with each successive model to be and do all things for all people all the time that they've forgotten how to make choices optional for the individual user. I'm afraid you're never going to get an XT to behave like a nuvi. I certainly have not been able to get an 595 to behave like a nuvi, no matter how much I'd like too. With Garmin, the question "why did they...." is most often answered with "that's just the way it is!"
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A