Recreation
Everyday Life
Shopping
Banking and ATM
Parking
Art & Entertainment
Medical Care
Transit

It's just the difference in nomenclature. But you don't have an extra one where rogue PAs could be hiding!
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times
Canada

Re: Audio warning issue

Post by V-Tom »

Hati wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Tom Schmitz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:38 pm @Hati , I have updated my post with your format of details.

Since you have this menu item, it indicates that you have Proximity Alerts. Have you deliberately installed any PAs on your XT?
No, definitely not. It is "bog standard" as it is sold by Garmin here (bought it directly from them). The only thing(s) I "installed" was a few GPX files, but even those are purged after trips on a regular basis. The tracks were created in "myrouteapp" web interface, saved as v. 1.1 and copied to the XT. I don't use POIs at all, I simply mark the route out, usually near turns, resulting in about 20 to 30 waypoints over a 300 to 500 km trip. I say all this in case anything I described is significant to the issue. I don't think it is but I am not certain.

Would be interesting to know if the Canadian version has alerts too... @V-Tom ?
My (Canadian) XT came with red-light camera Proximity alerts.

"Rider alerts" that it came with are animal crossing, railroad crossing, schools, and curves.

..Tom
Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Australia

Post by Hati »

Tom Schmitz wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:56 am But you don't have an extra one where rogue PAs could be hiding!
No, nothing that would explain the issue...
Tom Schmitz
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times
United States of America

Post by Tom Schmitz »

I really hope Garmin comes through on your ticket. That's got to be annoying as, well, really annoying.

Seems we'll sit and wait on this one.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

It may be important to note what travel mode each unit is in. I found recently that some apps and options are available in motorcycling mode but not in driving mode. Even worse if you have an off-road mode or hiking mode or....
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Australia

Post by Hati »

My XT only ever exists in motorcycle mode so that will not be a problem.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Hati wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:26 am My XT only ever exists in motorcycle mode so that will not be a problem.
I brought it up as it seemed folks were comparing problems. Different modes between units could account for differences.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Jefro
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by Jefro »

Hi, new member here.
Long time Zumo user.

"ONLY FIVE PEOPLE HAVE OPENED A TICKET WITH GARMIN".....
"They said MORE COMPLAINTS will get MORE ATTENTION".....

I called and emailed Garmin USA about the Speed Limit Reduction Alert and the inability to disable the alert.
Here is my email and their response.....

"Zumo XT #66Z000XXX, SPEED LIMIT REDUCTION ALERT cannot be accessed or turned off, and mutes my music for about 20 seconds. Very irritating in city motorcycle riding. Where is the option to disable this alert?
Jefro, in Southern California".

"Hello Jefro,
There is a way to disable some alerts.
Unfortunately, the speed limit reduction alert is not one of them.
Thank you for choosing Garmin,
Kristi
Product Support
Garmin International"

I also called Garmin Technical Support and got a SURPRISING ANSWER.
He said ONLY 5 PEOPLE HAVE OPENED A TICKET so far, but their programmers are very aware of the issue.
He also said MORE COMPLAINTS will get MORE ATTENTION from the Garmin Zumo XT Team.
So I would urge those that would like to have the OPTION of disabling this Speed Limit Reduction Alert to call Garmin directly to open a Case Ticket to get some action on this issue.
Jefro, 2018 Gold Wing Tour.

In the USA, Technical Support 913-397-8200.
In the USA, Customer Support 855-607-2536.
V-Tom
Has liked: 12 times
Canada

Post by V-Tom »

Okay too clarify it is a warning **when approaching** a reduced speed area. On my commute into work it goes off about 15 times.

What I have figured out is that if I am playing mp3's from the XT it **doesn't** do it. If the music is coming from the headset (ie the radio built into the headset) it triggers the headset to think something is coming (it doesn't always beep) and the radio is muted for about 4 or 5 seconds. I didn't try it today with music from the phone and will do that next time I'm out but I think it was doing the same thing last time I did that.

..Tom
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

V-Tom wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:52 pm Okay too clarify it is a warning **when approaching** a reduced speed area. On my commute into work it goes off about 15 times.
To update my earlier post - After using my XT in my car I do get the reduced speed limit warning tone with the alerts turned off. Not had it playing music through the XT so don't know how it is affected by it.

Does sound sort of similar to a problem I had on a 590 where if you had a pillion also on Bluetooth, there was a definite delay in the intercom working again after the GPS had spoken, and as made much worse by having the key press making a tone enabled.