Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Re: New Garmin Zumo XT

Post by Breezly »

Garmin went back to USB mini because it is a more physically robust connection than either micro or c.
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

RadioFlyer wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:30 pm
Oop North John wrote:
RadioFlyer wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 pm No mention of the USB being USB 3 which is really too bad given how long it takes to load maps.
Updating its supplied mapping is via its built in Wi-Fi.
Are you saying that it can't be done via USB? If so then another reason I would avoid.
No, the manual says you can do it either way. You definitely not getting the XT now?
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

Been looking at some reviews of the XT, sounds like they've made changes to the way it deals with following a pre planned route and what it does after a detour, I was particularly interested (assuming I understood, the video's in Dutch with English subs) in the way it gets you back to the route, and has the option to either go back to a missed way point or carry on.

Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Garmin UK site still saying it's available soon, but ordered one from MSG for a good price. They did have three in stock mine should be arriving tomorrow :D

https://www.msgbikegear.co.uk/products/ ... O0EALw_wcB
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Ordered one from ChainSpeed in March. An excellent company to do business with. They sent it out as soon as they arrived in the shop and kept me informed by phone all the way as Garmin kept putting back the delivery date to the UK. Everyone was waiting for the same Garmin shipment to arrive in Southampton.

Sent by DPD and they told me it would arrive on Thursday before Easter.
Unfortunately, DPD seem to not know where Yorkshire is. I can imagine the conversation -
Yorkshire, where's that then ?
Up North, innit.
Edinburgh's up north, yeah ?
So my satnav went to Edinburgh for Easter.

Then a similar conversation in Scotland.
Yorkshire, Where's that laddie ?
Doon South, aye ?
Birmingham's doon south ?
So my Satnav went to Birmingham, near to where it started out

And it eventually arrive in Yorkshire on Tuesday. It only had to travel about 100 miles. It must have done 600 by the time I got it.

I hope its routing works better than that !

I love the screen and the brightness. It seems faster than the 590. But disappointed that from the look of it, it will crack the glass the first time that I drop it - I had sort of assumed that it would be protected like the 550, 660, 590 and 595. I might be wrong - the plastic might be really tough, and it doesn't feel flimsy, but the glass goes almost to the edge like a smartphone. Not something that I will be taking off with gloved hand.

Behaves very much like a 595, but with lots more tweaks and features which are mainly good enhancements. It also has a couple of the same oddities carried over form the 59x devices, but thankfully seems to have addressed the missed route point issues and the where to start issues. Still investigating.

I need a case protector and screen protector. Quick please, before I drop it !!

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

jfheath wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:57 am Behaves very much like a 595, but with lots more tweaks and features which are mainly good enhancements. It also has a couple of the same oddities carried over form the 59x devices, but thankfully seems to have addressed the missed route point issues and the where to start issues. Still investigating.

I need a case protector and screen protector. Quick please, before I drop it !!
That's good to hear that it's like as I've currently got a 590, which was a replacement for the 595 as it was having Bluetooth problems.

Your GPS is a well travelled one :D

Do screen protectors mess up the sensitivity of the screen? I know the Samsung smartphone I have has a setting for screen protector, or not.
A few options from ebay here, can you let me know what you choose? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... o&_udhi=22
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Oop North John wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:05 amThat's good to hear that it's like as I've currently got a 590, which was a replacement for the 595 as it was having Bluetooth problems.

Your GPS is a well travelled one :D

Do screen protectors mess up the sensitivity of the screen? I know the Samsung smartphone I have has a setting for screen protector, or not.
A few options from ebay here, can you let me know what you choose? https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... o&_udhi=22
The screen protector I use is called Day Vu https://www.nushield.com/anti-reflective-film. Does not affect the sensitivity.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A