Sound Issues - Sena Neotec 2

For everything Garmin Zumo XT related
GSSteve
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Sound Issues - Sena Neotec 2

Post by GSSteve »

Hello, good to meet you.

I purchased my XT last week and love it as a SatNav but I do have one real big issue.

I ride a BMW GS with a TFT screen, and I've gone though all the different ways of linking my TFT, iPhone, Sena Neotec 2 helmet system and Zumo XT. Believe me there are many ways to do this, but I've followed YouTube demos and it all connects as I would expect it to. I've tried linking the Zumo to Sena as a phone, phone 2 and SatNav, no change is noticed.

The problem I have is if I listen to background music on my helmet Sena system while riding, or on the desk as a test without the bike's TFT involved, when an announcement comes through from the Zumo, its preceded by a very loud 'squawk' noise, followed by a few seconds silence, then the announcement. I also feel the announcement is distorted.

If I turn the music off its fine, no 'squawk' and no silent delay, even on my helmet speakers. If I listen to it on the Zumo speaker, to test it on my desk, its also fine.

This may sound trivial but I assure you its not, its making it impossible to use as I wanted to.

I've been in touch with Garmin, and I've sent them an audio file and they are looking into it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for reading my post!

Steve

Hati
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times
Australia

Re: Sound Issues - Sena Neotec 2

Post by Hati »

I had the Schuberth version of the Sena unit you use, connected to an iPhone 11 and a 595. The clarity problem was the Sena unit. I had to change to a Cardo Freecom 4+ setup to get rid of that problem. The Sena is a 5 year old design, hence the compatibility issues. Good luck.

Oop North John
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

I have the XT with the Shoei Neotec 2 (and the Sena plug in setup) plus phone combination and use the XT for the music. I don't have any squawk like you say. Do you have any other Bluetooth speakers to see if it does it through them as well?

GSSteve
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by GSSteve »

Oop North John wrote:
04 Sep 2020 05:48
I have the XT with the Shoei Neotec 2 (and the Sena plug in setup) plus phone combination and use the XT for the music. I don't have any squawk like you say. Do you have any other Bluetooth speakers to see if it does it through them as well?
Hi John, yes I've tried suing a normal set of Bluetooth headphones and its doesn't have the squawk but does have a significant delay of silence before the announcement, which I could live with. I expected the system to lower the music volume and give the announcement over the music, not silence then a very poor audio quality announcement. But if that's all they can do that's OK, as long as they can stop the squawk in my helmet!

roberto7654
Great Britain

Post by roberto7654 »

Hi

Any luck with resolving this issue? I have my XT from yesterday and I have similar problem with my helmet BT. Music from iPhone 11 is streamed in hi quality and next I have a second or two of a silence before announcement and next a very bad quality instructions followed by returning music stream from phone.

It’s my first ever motorcycle GPS and I was expecting to hear GPS directions over a streamed music.

Oop North John
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

roberto7654 wrote:
16 Oct 2020 06:54
It’s my first ever motorcycle GPS and I was expecting to hear GPS directions over a streamed music.
I've not had that with an Interphone or the present Sena system.