Is Garmin Drive App the only way to get traffic updates on the Zumo XT?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Grispoil
Canada

Is Garmin Drive App the only way to get traffic updates on the Zumo XT?

Post by Grispoil »

My Samsung J3-2018 cell phone and my Zumo XT do not work well together... My phone bluetooth just hangs when attempting to pair them, so, I am looking for an alternative solution to get traffic updates while on the road.

I have tried the TA-20 12v jack (Embedded Traffic Receiver) that came with my Garmin Drive 60 LMT with my Garmin Zumo XT, however, no traffic updates were received.

So, to get traffic on the Garmin Zumo XT, does it require a 12v jack with an External Traffic Receiver like the GTM-60? Or, traffic updates are only available when using the Garmin Drive App no matter what Garmin 12v jack you use?

Thanks.
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Is Garmin Drive App the only way to get traffic updates on the Zumo XT?

Post by simoncrewe »

Grispoil wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 pm My Samsung J3-2018 cell phone and my Zumo XT do not work well together... My phone bluetooth just hangs when attempting to pair them, so, I am looking for an alternative solution to get traffic updates while on the road.

I have tried the TA-20 12v jack (Embedded Traffic Receiver) that came with my Garmin Drive 60 LMT with my Garmin Zumo XT, however, no traffic updates were received.

So, to get traffic on the Garmin Zumo XT, does it require a 12v jack with an External Traffic Receiver like the GTM-60? Or, traffic updates are only available when using the Garmin Drive App no matter what Garmin 12v jack you use?

Thanks.
It is my understanding that you get traffic information via your phone / drive app , or a traffic receiver. The traffic receiver option on a motorcycle is really a non starter as the unit is left with the USB cover open, and there is limited space to mount the antenna.