Google Earth - all options not working

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Google Earth - all options not working

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

So following the knobling of Basecamp’s “view in Google earth feature” by the spy master general, they then disable the ability to look at street level in Google Earth Desktop. Google Earth online just keeps crashing and Google Earth Pro wants an update that will not run.

What I am trying to do is look at my Basecamp routes at a street level to check if my chosen route is a street or a track. Any pointers?
Machine is fairly new and powerful and I use Firefox on the “worst of all evils” principle
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 194 times
United States of America

Re: Google Earth - all options not working

Post by rbentnail »

I've found that Google Earth Pro works flawlessly as long as, like much else, Garmin is not involved with it. I simply open Earth as a separate tab by double clicking a destop icon.

Win10, Firfox, Google Earth Pro ver. 7.3.3.7786 (32-bit)
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

I save my routes from BaseCamp as a kml file and then open them with GE Pro, works perfectly
JohnnyRidesAlone
Great Britain

Thanks Russ, I open from a browser and run for 90-120 seconds and lock up. Wonder if it is ad blocker
JohnnyRidesAlone
Great Britain

Some kind of resolution. Adopting "do the same thing and get a different result" which is unique to IT, I managed to download Google Pro. It now appears to give me street view when I want and I can upload my KML routes. Google online is out of my bookmarks now. It appeared to be some kind of graphic issue and said the site was "experimental"

So all working now for a couple of months until Big G decides they are not making enough and change it. Thanks for your help