CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Dusty ST »

Stu wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am I have always had my phone paired to the zumo but I have just paired it to both and phone calls show up on the zumo but are straight from the phone to the headset!
Do you also have the Zumo paired to the Cardo? I'm guessing not as this will create a three device loop that will confuse them all :?
Not sure I can pair my phone to two other devices
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Dusty ST wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 am
Stu wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am I have always had my phone paired to the zumo but I have just paired it to both and phone calls show up on the zumo but are straight from the phone to the headset!
Do you also have the Zumo paired to the Cardo? I'm guessing not as this will create a three device loop that will confuse them all :?
Not sure I can pair my phone to two other devices
I never have done before but I have just tried it and it all seems to be working fine! Whether it stays working is another matter
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Does everyone else have the phone paired on channel one, and the nav paired on channel 2?
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

tojjer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:16 pm Does everyone else have the phone paired on channel one, and the nav paired on channel 2?
Yes, same here. Not sure what difference it makes but the phone pairing is slightly different to GPS, on PT there's an additional step where you turn the wheel forward after entering pairing mode on channel 2.
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Dusty ST wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 pm
tojjer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:16 pm Does everyone else have the phone paired on channel one, and the nav paired on channel 2?
Yes, same here. Not sure what difference it makes but the phone pairing is slightly different to GPS, on PT there's an additional step where you turn the wheel forward after entering pairing mode on channel 2.
I am guessing that it so the PT knows its a GPS and not a phone for priority purposes
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

I think whichever one is paired on channel 1 has priority.
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Used them in anger for the first time today, and I have to say I was a little underwhelmed after all they hype. Sound quality excellent, range was a let down for me. Did a distance test and almost immediately the other person is out of sight, be it from trees or buildings, they got cut off even if the actual distance was very short.

Connected straight back once line of sight was re-established. Did a distance test on an open straight road and I think we got about half a mile or so.
Have to say I was expecting better. I find as well, that I can have music playing and mesh intercom on which works fine, the music level drops when someone speaks and returns when not.
The sat nav instructions were too loud, but I assume that's down to me not having settings set correctly.
Yet to try it with more than the two of us, so will report back when we do.
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Having a change of heart about these actually. Disappointed initially, but the more I/we use them, the better they get.

Things I've noticed already:

Voice activation... It's only natural I think, that we talk louder when on the bike. I notice that at times, the PT doesn't obey commands. Speak at a normal level, it does it first time every time.

Volume levels..... You need to alter every level for every different thing separately when the unit is on. So, in intercom mode, when your mate is speaking, adjust the volume. When the sat nav is speaking, adjust the volume for that etc.

Radio..... This has made us laugh at times. For whatever reason, the unit seems to love the radio function. We've had it just put the radio on for no reason with no command, and at other times, put the radio on when you've asked it to do something else

I have to say though, my above comment about the poor range between two units stands. Having said that though, get three or more bikes together, what a difference. Performs much better. As long as each bike can see the next in line, it daisy chains brilliantly
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I have to back up everything you say there [mention]tojjer[/mention]

Mine also loves the radio function! I have also had mine redial on my phone just randomly! Which is a pain especially if you don't know who it's ringing :lol:

I also have a brand new set of these for sale! Never been used and unopened if you know anyone that wod be interested give us a shout the price is £350 but is negotiable ;)
tojjer
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

I will ask my mates as they are looking to buy a set some time.