CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
tojjer
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by tojjer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:39 pm

Just bought a set of these. I have to say, compared to the cheap Chinese ones I had, they are absolutely phenomenal.
The sound quality from the JBL speakers is superb, and it pairs with my Zumo346 in seconds, and my Samsung phone.
Expensive yes, but I bought them for the mesh intercom system.
Off to France early June so they'll get a good test

Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:38 pm
Location: Hull, UK
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 42 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Stu » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Me too!

I have just replaced my Q3's for some of the features and the difference was worth it for me 8-)

Dusty ST
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Dusty ST » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 am

I've been using a Packtalk for a couple of years now, and find the bike to bike coms between four is brilliant.

What I have problems with is with the Cardo app and Garmin app on my phone. I'd like to control the Packtalk with the Cardo app via the Garmin, and still have the Garmin on-line features, but having tried a couple of things, I'm fairly sure it won't do that, despite one of the recent Cardo updates being to enable that.

tojjer
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by tojjer » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Dusty ST wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 am
I've been using a Packtalk for a couple of years now, and find the bike to bike coms between four is brilliant.

What I have problems with is with the Cardo app and Garmin app on my phone. I'd like to control the Packtalk with the Cardo app via the Garmin, and still have the Garmin on-line features, but having tried a couple of things, I'm fairly sure it won't do that, despite one of the recent Cardo updates being to enable that.
I watched a video on YT showing how it is best to pair the phone to the PT, and the zumo to the PT, but NOT to pair the zumo to phone.
I've uninstalled the Smartlink app, and gonna try this way first. Doing it this way, it should allow "Hey Google / Hey Siri" to work with voice activation via the PT, and to still have the Garmin to give directions over the top of intercom/music. That's what I hope anyway.

On my old set up with the chinese intercom, I think it was too much for it cos I used to miss the first bit of the instruction.
Only one way to find out, and that's give it a go!

Dusty ST
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Dusty ST » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:04 am

Yes, that's the arrangement I had with my previous Zumo, both paired to PT, which also allows the PT to be controlled with the Cardo app.
I'll probably go back to this.
I quite liked the idea of controlling the phone via the Zumo.

Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:38 pm
Location: Hull, UK
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 42 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Stu » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am

I have always had my phone paired to the zumo but I have just paired it to both and phone calls show up on the zumo but are straight from the phone to the headset!

If I have my phone in my pocket I like to know who is calling before I answer so having it displayed is a must for me!

tojjer
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by tojjer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Stu wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am
I have always had my phone paired to the zumo but I have just paired it to both and phone calls show up on the zumo but are straight from the phone to the headset!

If I have my phone in my pocket I like to know who is calling before I answer so having it displayed is a must for me!
Stu, just out of interest, do you use the Smartlink app, or just pair it straight to the phone without it?

Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:38 pm
Location: Hull, UK
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 42 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by Stu » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:25 pm

tojjer wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm
Stu wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:45 am
I have always had my phone paired to the zumo but I have just paired it to both and phone calls show up on the zumo but are straight from the phone to the headset!

If I have my phone in my pocket I like to know who is calling before I answer so having it displayed is a must for me!
Stu, just out of interest, do you use the Smartlink app, or just pair it straight to the phone without it?
I use the smartlink app

Any reason why you're asking? Are you having problems?

tojjer
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Location: Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by tojjer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:10 pm

No, seems to work ok. Had it not connect automatically a couple of times, but for the most part it seems ok.

EDIT: I haven't tried it with the Cardo yet, that was with my cheap chinese one

pidjones
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:21 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD DUO

Post by pidjones » Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Because I have a Windows Phone (Lumia 640 running mobile 10), I can't use the Garmin apps (they don't exist for this phone). So I've found that I must use multi-point pairing of my 396 and phone to my Sena SMH5 or they will fight each other. Paired this way, nothing on the phone goes through the 396, but both the phone and 396 can talk to me through the headsets, and I can use Cortana to make hands-free calls.
Last edited by pidjones on Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply