Bluetooth headsets

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Bluetooth headsets

Post by Stu »

What are you guys having success with?

I have a pair of scala rider Q3's that me and the wife use and while they do the job they can be a little flaky at times!

We are currently on a trip away and every now and then the sound goes dull and I can't hear the wife nagging! Not such a bad thing :lol:

I think its something to do with the Bluetooth connection between the zumo and the phone that's causing a problem I also get interference if I have my mobile in close range too!

While the Bluetooth between the two headsets has nothing to do with the connection between the phone and zumo something is causing an issue!

It seems to be when I stop and turn the zumo off!

I am looking for a new headset to replace them that will work seamlessly with my zumo and zumo to phone!

Any recommendations?
Moose
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
United States of America

Re: Bluetooth headsets

Post by Moose »

from all the reading I've been doing the Scala Packtalk bold seems to be the number one in quality sound reconnection, compatible with other brands. If you go to youtube and listen to some of the reviews it is swaying me to that direction JMHO
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Thanks [mention]Moose[/mention] I was looking at the packtalk to be honest
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

check closer there is a difference between packtalk and packtalk bold bold being better of the 2 youtube could be your friend
Stu
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I didn't realise until you said about the bold that there was two different units and it does look to be a better unit and I see the price reflects that :lol:
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

I'm looking at the Packtalk Bold. The difference with the Bold is that it uses voice activation for almost everything, whereas the Packtalk you still have to tap the button first. With the Packtalk, you can still connect to older style bluetooth units as well as matching mesh units.

I'm currently using a pair of BT V6 headsets. Cheap and Chinese, but they are what they are. Cost £60 for the two.
For rider to pillion, I can't fault them. They are full duplex so you can both talk at the same time as if on a phone call. For taking a call while riding, again can't fault it. Answers a call automatically after 3 or 4 rings.
The problem comes when I pair the Zumo to the headset, and my mobile to the Zumo.
Any voice directions from the Zumo, have the first part of it cut off. I presume because the headset has to "wake up", as because it's not in intercom mode, it's not full duplex.

Also, bike to bike is good, until you lose sight of the other bike, even if he's only just round the corner a bit.It goes distorted very quickly.
As we've both got unlimited minutes, we sometimes use the phone call system as an intercom ( up to an hour). Again fine, while you've both got a signal.
I see you can get a Bold ( single headset) for £249.99 now. Still a lot of money for a toy really.
Part of me says stick with the chinese ones until a chinese mesh system comes out. Bound to much cheaper and I wouldn't think they're far behind.
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

just got my bold set in the mail yesterday maybe I set it up tonight once I decide which helmet I'm going to put it in

looks pretty good
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Moose wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:31 pm just got my bold set in the mail yesterday maybe I set it up tonight once I decide which helmet I'm going to put it in

looks pretty good
OOH lucky boy, keep us posted please
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

I'd be interested to hear how you find the PT Bold, I have the previous 'non Bold' Pack talk which is brilliant for group bike to bike coms, but not good on the voice control - just about any spoken command turns the radio on, and the 1+8 buddy thing (thankfully dropped in the latest firmware update) was rubbish :x so I'd be interested in any improvement!
Moose
United States of America

Post by Moose »

used for about an hour this morning great sound phone works like a charm person on the other end did not hear any motorcycle or wind noise fm radio and gps also worked like a charm going on a long ride monday the 27 from Jersey to Knoxville then to Maggie Valley so that will be the real test