Can't Get Tracker To Work

Having problems with your BMW navigator 6? then please post here with any sat nav, software, mount or cradle problems.
mad2ride
United States of America

Can't Get Tracker To Work

Post by mad2ride »

Hello everyone,

Thanks for starting this after the demise of the other site.

I decided to go from my trusty 660 to a Navigator 6, among other reasons, because of the tracker feature to let my wife see where I am. I like to ride on my own and after 30+ years and hundreds of thousands of miles of riding I came off in France. I ended up in hospital for a week. My wife had gone home to Slovakia with the kids to see her family so it was a bit hard to get a hold of her. Now she is very nervous when I ride on my own.

So far I've had no luck getting anything useful. I can send the email with the link but it just leads to a blank page with a Garmin header. The email also had a link for an ios and and android tracker app which doesn't exist anymore.

I also tried getting Facebook to work but even after allowing every access and my Facebook app saying that myGarmin is active and allowing social media as well as ticking facebook in the smartphone link app the Navigator says enable face book on phone. I'm not really keen on showing anybody but my wife where I am anyway.

Is anyone having any luck with this.
kebo
Been liked: 2 times
Slovakia

Re: Can't Get Tracker To Work

Post by kebo »

I am not using those functions, but while ago tried sent e-mail with location from NAV, and it worked fine. Will check If it is still working and will let you know.
kebo
Slovakia

Post by kebo »

Tested it today, have sent 2 e-mails with info about my position and destnation. Link in email openned online map with position. Link for iOS Garmin tracker app does not work.
mad2ride
United States of America

Post by mad2ride »

kebo wrote:Tested it today, have sent 2 e-mails with info about my position and destnation. Link in email openned online map with position. Link for iOS Garmin tracker app does not work.
Thanks for checking. I was just going to post that it was working. I think the problem was that it doesn't work in the Channel Islands but does in the UK.

I was up in the UK with the bike and as you say it worked fine but when I tried it in Guernsey, no luck.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

kebo
Slovakia

Post by kebo »

Contact Garmin support. I suppose that this freature shoud work in every region where Smartphone link connection is available.
QDLLC
United States of America

Post by QDLLC »

The tracker function likely is inoperable. You are supposed to be able to use Facebook or Twitter, but none of those work anymore. I went round and round with Garmin support, and it appears that the features were disabled over privacy concerns. You can still program with an e-mail and send updates, but I'm under the impression it only works in real time during the tracking period so long as the phone has connection to a network. I know this much because when using it, I had an incident and alerted that I got a flat tire. The recipient saw that, but I couldn't call it up when I got home because the tracking period had ended. I'd be not surprised if it didn't work at all at this stage...which is a pity. If you want someone to track you via the GPS sending it through the phone app, that's YOUR choice...as long as it isn't doing it without your consent I don't see any privacy issues.