KY Bourbon Trail

Got an interesting riding route in the USA you want to share?
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

KY Bourbon Trail

Post by dave726 »

I've just completed a nine day ride from St. Charles, IL to Louisville, Bardstown, Frankfort, Lexington KY and rode the Bourbon Trail. Sites along the way including the Red Skelton Museum in Vincennes, IN, Louisville Slugger and Churchill Downs tours, and a wild ride home after stopping in remotely located Kerstings H-D to watch part of the Motorcycle Cannonball 2018 arrive for a lunch stop. Our Japanese friends were like kids in a candy store for the World of Motorcycles Museum Kersting's has at the same site.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 194 times
United States of America

Re: KY Bourbon Trail

Post by rbentnail »

dave726 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:08 pm I've just completed a nine day ride from St. Charles, IL to Louisville, Bardstown, Frankfort, Lexington KY and rode the Bourbon Trail. Sites along the way including the Red Skelton Museum in Vincennes, IN, Louisville Slugger and Churchill Downs tours, and a wild ride home after stopping in remotely located Kerstings H-D to watch part of the Motorcycle Cannonball 2018 arrive for a lunch stop. Our Japanese friends were like kids in a candy store for the World of Motorcycles Museum Kersting's has at the same site.
Sounds like a treat, wish I had known you were going. I picked up a bottle of mint julep last time I was up that way, loved it! You coulda got me some. It was $17 at the distillery, $36+ if I order it on line.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: KY Bourbon Trail

Post by dave726 »

My Favorite from all tastings I did at 13 distilleries was Angel's Envy. At the distillery a bottle was %50. At my local market this month I can get it for $47 and I didn't have to find room on my Harley for another souvenir. I'm going for "groceries" this morning ;) . Now that I've learned to sip bourbon, that bottle should last quite a while.