Post by Moose »

thanks Dave appreciate the help
1pkraft
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: US & Canada H-D Dealers Jun 21, 2018 Updates

Post by 1pkraft »

Dave

I also have a Zumo 665, is there anyway to copy / install this POI file into the Harley-Davidson folder that appears when you select Where To rather than having a separate Dealer data base in the Extras folder?
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

Copy file from the zip: POI\H-D Dealers.gpi to your Zumo POI folder.

If you have a Road Tech Zumo 665, you have to remove the H-D supplied file D1685000F.gpi (or a similar name if you have an updated version of that file).
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

dave726 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am
rbentnail wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:39 pm Don't know if it's helpful or not, but both the Greensboro & High Point, NC USA HD dealerships closed about 3 months ago and a new store opened about 1/2 way between where the 2 different ones used to be.
Riding High H-D should be in the correct location as far as I can tell from looking at satellite images of just a forest. Send me better coords if you visit it. Thanks.
PS. They should rename this dealership to Riding Straight H-D. No sense encouraging fools to act foolishly.
Came thru there yesterday and actually remembered to stop and get coordinates. I was so proud! Not b/c I ride a Yamaha and parked amongst "real men and their babes" but b/c I actually remembered! It's not often I do that...

N 36*03.7496' W 079*57.6338'
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
rickmcd
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by rickmcd »

Dave, Rick McDermed here, we have spoken in the past and at a couple of Harley events. Just came over from the original zumo forums and signed up. haven't got enough posting to send private messages but just wanted you to know that I figured this was the place to be if YOU were here and VIOLA. Thanks for all you do!
dave726
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

If the entrance is off Tyning St, I'll need to keep the coords within 50' of where the road ends. If the entrance is cut off Eastchester Dr (CR68) then I can put the coords where you have them.

he way the MapSource routing works, and I assume BC is similar, a POI has to be within 50' of a road to be considered on that road. Mapping can do strange things if the POI is over that. I've even put the coords of a dealership off a side road entrance per a rider request for safety for left turns and for group rides. If I ever remember which dealer that was, I'm going to put a note in the comments about why that POI is off the main drag.
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

dave726 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:03 pm If the entrance is off Tyning St, I'll need to keep the coords within 50' of where the road ends. If the entrance is cut off Eastchester Dr (CR68) then I can put the coords where you have them.

he way the MapSource routing works, and I assume BC is similar, a POI has to be within 50' of a road to be considered on that road. Mapping can do strange things if the POI is over that. I've even put the coords of a dealership off a side road entrance per a rider request for safety for left turns and for group rides. If I ever remember which dealer that was, I'm going to put a note in the comments about why that POI is off the main drag.
Only one entrance that I saw, off Eastchester.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
dave726
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

rickmcd wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:51 pm Dave, Rick McDermed here, we have spoken in the past and at a couple of Harley events. Just came over from the original zumo forums and signed up. haven't got enough posting to send private messages but just wanted you to know that I figured this was the place to be if YOU were here and VIOLA. Thanks for all you do!
There are quite a few knowledgable people that emigrated over here. Thanks for the complement, but not having experience with the 39x/59x series nor being a frequent user of BaseCamp, I feel like a floppy disc in an SSD world.
dave726
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

rbentnail wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm Only one entrance that I saw, off Eastchester.
Thanks. Since my last look a few days ago, Google Maps has enthusiastically added TWO pushpins for Riding High. I've added your coords to this location and am updating my various clouds.
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

dave726 wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pmThanks. Since my last look a few days ago, Google Maps has enthusiastically added TWO pushpins for Riding High. I've added your coords to this location and am updating my various clouds.
If you can put notes you may want to add that that section of Eastchester Dr/NC68 is a divided hwy so if traveling south you'll have to go past and u-turn. There's a traffic light one block from the dealership entrance in both directions but this may be problematic for larger groups. I thought it was kind of silly where they decided to put the dealership based on traffic flow but hey, what do I know?
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT