kernowing
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Update

Post by kernowing »

Just updated Express and immediately got notification of map update for 2019.20
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Re: Update

Post by Sleuth »

Same here.

Also I received an update for the BMW Nav IV to NT 2019.20, and for the NTU 2019.20
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
OldEssexMan
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by OldEssexMan »

I have had Lifetime Updates for my 550 for years. I saw 2019.20 was available so downloaded it to my computer in preparation for loading onto my SD card so I can have the whole of Europe rather than just the partial maps that Garmin says is all there is room for on my unit. After the map had finished downloading to my PC I ran Mapinstall to load the card. For the first time ever I saw a message saying I need an unlock code for the maps. Never had this before, anybody know what's going on?
Will I get any sense out of Garmin UK if I call them on Monday?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

I'd try copying GarminDevice.xml from the Garmin folder on your device to the one on the card. Now run MapInstall again and it will think your card is the device so should send the map and the unlock codes. Once finished delete the GarminDevice.xml file from the Garmin folder on the card.
OldEssexMan
Great Britain

Post by OldEssexMan »

Hi Sussamb, thanks for the suggestion. I copied the .xml file to the card as suggested but to no avail, I still get the message that ALL the maps are locked. Which is strange because I started Basecamp and that said all the maps were UNlocked except the one I have just downloaded.
Still nonplussed and wonder why it is doing it now when I have been updating maps like this for years - at least 6.
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Do you only have the one device? Seen this problem when someone mistakenly installed the map from one device to another.
OldEssexMan
Great Britain

Post by OldEssexMan »

sussamb wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:36 am Do you only have the one device? Seen this problem when someone mistakenly installed the map from one device to another.
No, just the one. I've been updating onto an SD card for years with no problems. Now, Mapinstall just tells me "no unlocked maps for this device"
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

I was playing with my 550 trying to install 2019.30 and tried three programs. Garmin Express, Garmin Mapinstall and Garmin Mapmanager. The only one that saw then new maps was Garmin Express.

Have you tried using Garmin Express and gotten the same results?

There is a thread in the Garmin 450/550 area about how to update your maps to the SD card by making the system think its the Zumo. I just did it for the second time for US 2019.30 maps.
OldEssexMan
Great Britain

Post by OldEssexMan »

I have also tried running MapInstall withe the Zumo attached to the PC but, no matter what I try, I keep getting the message "no unlocked maps for this device"
It lists all the map updates I have downloaded over the years, including the latest one (2019.20), and against each one it says "locked". I have contacted Garmin support and am waiting to see what they say about it.