EU 2019.20 NTU - now available

sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: EU 2019.20 NTU - now available

Post by sussamb »

There's a thread open on the Garmin forum, which Garmin have acknowledged, of folks having issues installing maps to their PC. Whether that is your issue I can't say.

It's not a universal issue as my and many others maps have updated ok.
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Thank, I'll take look
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

sussamb wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:57 pm There's a thread open on the Garmin forum, which Garmin have acknowledged, of folks having issues installing maps to their PC. Whether that is your issue I can't say.

It's not a universal issue as my and many others maps have updated ok.
Thanks, this was the conclusion I was coming to as I've just updated BC (having uninstalled and reinstalled everything Garmin) with the 2019.10 Europe map from an old Nuvi 360 yesterday evening, which installed with out problem.
My Zumo 390 2019.20 map update still not working, although I did notice last night that it's progress crept up from 10.4% complete to 10.5% :P
Ferdinando
Has liked: 2 times
Italy

Post by Ferdinando »

Dear friends, from today, is available the update for the Garmin GPS "TRAVEL" edition (europe 2019.20). As everytime, 3-4 weeks after the standard edition.
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Garmin forum shows this update now working. I have tried mine again this morning and it installed first time without any problems.
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

Looks like Garmins fixed the problem, all updated.
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Post by Sleuth »

Hi the "problem" with the delayed maps is that it is the Travel edition.

I recently bought a 595LM Travel edition and found that I could not upload the map to the computer, and that the map sequence was one behind. I fired off a support ticket to Garmin and received this as a result:

"I can confirm that your device has what we call world mapping as it is a travel edition device. So its updates may get to the unit a little later as it is a different mapping type. However, it may be the case that you are not getting the latest update due to your Garmin express being out of date, please use the guide bellow for help:
Updating the Garmin Express Application
Updating Maps and Software with Garmin Express
From here if you not able to get the latest map updates for your device then please let us know and we can look into that further.

In the mean time with your second issue, the feature of downloading maps to a computer is available for devices with only one region on them so in this case you can download Europe maps to your PC from your 396 no issues.
However as the model you have been upgraded to is a travel edition unit. You cannot download its maps to the PC as it would try to download all of its mapping content and the way they are protected you cannot download the maps to your computer from this device.
So you will need to have your device plugged in at all times to have detailed maps on basecamp.
I hope that this has cleared things up. Here is some more detail on travel edition units if needed:
The following map regions are available for your device.
• Australia and New Zealand
• Europe
• Middle East and Northern Africa
• North America
• South America
• Southern Africa
Lifetime map updates are included for all available regions"

Hope this is of some use to those that also have the Travel edition.

Best regards
Sleuth
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)