CN EU 2021.20 NT

OldEssexMan
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: CN EU 2021.20 NT

Post by OldEssexMan »

This is probaly old hat but it doesn't hurt to state the basics now and again. I hope someone finds it useful.
I have just updated the maps on my 550. I followed the route I have been using for some years, i.e. connect the 550 to the laptop and open Express. In the 'installation options' or similar select the install to computer option. This downloads the whole Europe map to the laptop. When that has completed, disconnect the 550 from the laptop and remove the SD card from the sat nav. (I use an 8 gb card which I have used for some years). Put the SD card into the SD slot on the laptop and start Mapinstall. The map comes up and, by zooming and panning I can get to where I want to start. I highlight most of Europe and click on install. After some time (hours) the map is transferred to the SD card. I put the card back in the 550, turn on, it sees the new maps and it's job done.
Westy
Great Britain

Post by Westy »

Zumo 660 UK & Europe, lifetime updates.
Selected UK and Ireland, and install to device & computer.
660 is updated to 2021.2, but "an error occurred...." and Basecamp is still on 2021.1.
Now Express fails to install map to computer leaving incompatible maps, which doesn't usually work for reliable routing.
I've tried running as administrator, rebooting, registry cleaning, but get an error during install in Express, every time.
Will leave for a few days before retrying, if Garmin have a known issue, unless anyone on here can spot something I'm missing.
Thanks
Westy
Great Britain

Post by Westy »

Tried updating again, and this time I get the Basecamp map update, but can't unlock it. Looking at unlock / manage map elements, or whatever the option is, all I get shown is a long list of ...not installed...map segments, so no select options.
Is this another Garmin 'glitch' that I need to wait for a solution to?
Thanks again.
skellum
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by skellum »

I had something similar happen and the update failed at the last minute, all I did was run the update again (Device and Computer) and this time it ran through the update very quickly and successfully updated both Basecamp on my Mac and my NAV VI - all seems to work ok and Basecamp's maps seem to load quicker on my M1 Mac Mini now (unless that is just my imagination!)