Travelling to Canada?

None Zumo related? then feel free to chat about it here anything goes.
CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Travelling to Canada?

Post by CollingsBob »

I very much appreciate the help I have received on these forums..

So..

If you are planning a trip to Canada, please feel free to pick my brains. I have lived in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta...and I have ridden throughout Canada on a variety of bikes..
Certified JB Welder
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Re: Travelling to Canada?

Post by carolinarider09 »

I appreciate the offer. I have travelled to Nova Scotia twice in the last three or four years, really enjoyed the roads. It did rain both times. Maybe I can make a trip when it does not rain :)

Just completed a trip around the northern part of Lake Superior. Nice ride, roads were in great shape (except for the areas they were working on which was being done in a very professional and controlled manner).

I might try and do another ride that includes all the Great Lakes because the last time we did that was fun. Might pick your brain for that trip.

Thanks again for the offer.
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

If you’ve gone to Nova Scotia..maybe it’s time to visit Newfoundland. Amazing roads, incredible scenery, friendly people.
Certified JB Welder
carolinarider09
United States of America

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:22 pm If you’ve gone to Nova Scotia..maybe it’s time to visit Newfoundland. Amazing roads, incredible scenery, friendly people.
That was on my list on the last trip (well it was a thought) but I did not have enough time to add it. Looks like I need to just plan a trip there.

It appears that the best way is to take the Ferry from Sydney and spend a few days in Newfoundland and then head back. If I set one up, I will certainly ask for help

Thanks again.
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Post by Breezly »

Newfoundland is much bigger than most people realize. A few days there would still be awesome but you won't see much of the island. I spent a week on Newfoundland a couple of years ago and I spent all of that on the west coast between Port aux Basque and St Anthony.
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
CollingsBob
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Breezly wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:02 am Newfoundland is much bigger than most people realize. A few days there would still be awesome but you won't see much of the island. I spent a week on Newfoundland a couple of years ago and I spent all of that on the west coast between Port aux Basque and St Anthony.
Agreed...and the roads in and out of the outports are twisty and best ridden or driven slowly in case you meet a moose. When the fishery collapsed the government gave people money to build hiking trails. The trails that I have explored in the north-east corner of the province near Twillingate and on Fogo island are amazing..go in late August/early September and pick blueberries as you walk, blueberry bushes as plentiful and loaded with fruit as you’ve ever seen.
Certified JB Welder
carolinarider09
United States of America

Just a video from my trip around Lake Superior this past September.