Ready to take the XT plunge

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
BR Can
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Ready to take the XT plunge

Post by BR Can »

Over the years I've owned a few Garmin units, and like their products. I've had a 660 for five years, but have had issues for about three years. I decided to get a new GPS, and I was looking into getting the 395. While getting into the new buying mode, I've been looking at the XT, and I seem to like the new technology of the screen and the software.

I'm riding a 2009 fully loaded Gold Wing, and I ordered from Electrical Connection a Bluetooth Aux connector, which is on order. This way I can pair the XT to my bike to make it work.

certain things do concern me with the unit, but I think overall I'll be very happy with it.
kernowing
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Re: Ready to take the XT plunge

Post by kernowing »

Welcome to the forum BR Can. I have an 07 Wing and a Triumph Speedmaster. I'll be interested to hear your views on the XT paired with the Wing.
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
w2ge
Has liked: 22 times
United States of America

Post by w2ge »

Welcome!
Phil - Current VP New Sweden BMW Riders, Past President
Voorhees, NJ
Zumo 396 -> SENA 20s EVO
BMW R1200RT
APRILIA Caponord Rally
BR Can
Canada

Post by BR Can »

kernowing wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:50 am Welcome to the forum BR Can. I have an 07 Wing and a Triumph Speedmaster. I'll be interested to hear your views on the XT paired with the Wing.
Hi kernowing, I installed my Bluetooth and Zumo XT a couple days ago, and I went for a ride yesterday. So far using it one day it seems fantastic. Even though I only used it for a day, many of the functions are the same as my 660. There is a few questions I have, I just posted them on the board. These were easy to do on the 660, and I'm sure they are just as easy on the XT, I just have to figure it out. Hopefully I'll get some answers on the forum.
BR Can
Canada

Post by BR Can »

w2ge wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 pmWelcome!
Thank you w2ge, much appreciated.