UK Bloke
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Corrupted Map download

Post by UK Bloke »

Hi
GE 7.5.
I think my latest map update download is corrupted as once installed on my XT it doesn't show any roads etc, I have deleted the map from my XT and tried to reinstall only to have the same problem, and I did notice that it didn't download any daya from the Internet so must be using a cached copy of the map which I think is corrupted, so where is the cache?
I've looked in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Map but the versions are older than the latest map which is 2021.30, this folder only has older versions;
I have just installed just the Western Europe map and this did download a fresh map and installed to the XT and all ok but I'd like to get the entire Europe map back onto my device.

Where does Garmin Express save the downloaded files as I want to delete them and force a fresh download.
Attachments
maps.jpg
maps.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Corrupted Map download

Post by sussamb »

The data to make the map file that is then sent to your device is in the folders you've posted. If it's not showing there it hasn't downloaded correctly. If you do download a map correctly and its not showing check it's selected in Settings, Map & Vehicle, myMaps
UK Bloke
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by UK Bloke »

On my device I have Western Europe 2021.30 but no folder in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Map with 2021.30 in the name.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Really? I have downloaded the map and the folder is named Map_Map.EU.2021.30

Why you aren't seeing one I have no idea as that's where the files are normally stored.
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

A quick aside - I've found Everything invaluable in finding files anywhere on my system. Indexing doesn't take long and only needs doing once on installation. Thereafter results on a partial string search are instantaneous.
Colin
BMW R1250RS