Crash while routing

Les
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times
Great Britain

Re: Crash while routing

Post by Les »

I've always used Mapsource with my 660, about eight? years, and it works perfectly.

Mapsource uses the latest maps too.

I seem to recollect reading somewhere that Basecamp didn't like 660's... could be wrong there though.
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by pidjones »

There is a point at the intersection of Foothills Parkway and US321 in Bount County, TN near Walland (North to East bound) that crashes Mapsource with any map newer than ~2010. I led a ride that included that intersection, and ended up starting and stopping the route there. MS just would not route through it. BC was Ok with it, but let BC recalc, save, load into MS and recalc - crash!
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 194 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

pidjones wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm There is a point at the intersection of Foothills Parkway and US321 in Bount County, TN near Walland (North to East bound) that crashes Mapsource with any map newer than ~2010. I led a ride that included that intersection, and ended up starting and stopping the route there. MS just would not route through it. BC was Ok with it, but let BC recalc, save, load into MS and recalc - crash!
I had a piece of road like that last fall on Delmarva. My 595 and BaseCamp simply would not route through it and wanted to send me way out the way around it. Then, when I rode right through, the 595 would not skip the detour and for the next 60 or so miles kept telling me to do a uturn even though I had passed through 3 or 4 additional shaping points.

It was so much easier when a gps was a gps and nothing more. It did that very well. All the comms, apps, etc. have ruined them from being efficient at what they should be doing best- gps'ing!
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by pidjones »

I've planned a multi-day route from Knoxville, TN to Globe, AZ via US-70 (NOT I-70). I used BaseCamp and hated the experience. I'm planning to build the same in MapSource. My question to any that may have tried this - can I just send the route to my 396 with MapSource? I'll be using the latest maps for all, on a Windows 10 laptop.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Sorry but is this about crashes while routing or something different? If you're simply asking if you can use MapSource then yes, but your device will need to be switched to mtp mode. If that's all you'd have been better starting a new thread rather than posting in this one.
blacktiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by blacktiger »

slayman wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:01 pm Okay, I'll be the first....I'm recreating the routes from a trip I took last year. Spokane WA to Lancaster PA. I know I could have saved them off of the 550 each day but that wasn't at all convenient.
I know this an old post but no-one mentioned this............... and for anyone else reading this.............
All to track logs are saved in the 550 in the .GPX folder under "archive".