Can't link BaseCamp to maps

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Aggie95
United States of America

Can't link BaseCamp to maps

Post by Aggie95 »

First, Thanks for this forum! I have found a wealth of info and help here!

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere before but I can't find a solution to my problem; I have scoured these pages and can find a solution for everything but what I am having trouble with. I can't link my NT Map to BaseCamp without connecting my z595 through the USB cable.

Background:
I recently purchased a zumo 595LM from a guy who lives in Canada; I am in Texas. I know the Lifetime Laps are not transferable but he already had updated the maps to City Navigator North America NT 2021.1. I am using BaseCamp version 4.7.1. I personalized my z595 using Garmin Express and checked for OS and map updates knowing that both were up to date and GE confirmed this.

I most recently had a Montana 680t for which the maps had expired. The Montana behaved the same as the zumo is now. I can only use the maps when the unit is connected to my computer via the USB cable.

However, when I added the zumo as a new device in GE, it offered me an option it had never offered before; it offered the option of installing the CNNA NT 2021.1 to my computer. I thought this would allow me to plan trips in BaseCamp without having the zumo tethered to my computer so I happily waited the hour for the map to download into the default location (C:Program Data/Garmin/Maps/) I am not sure exactly what transpired as I went to eat breakfast while it downloaded. It was finished when I returned and GE said it was finished and offered no other options but to close the window, so I assumed it had made all required connections to BaseCamp. I have confirmed the map exists there, but I can find no way to point BaseCamp to this map. (One thing I just thought of is I don't think I have rebooted since???) I still can use CNNA NT 2021.1 only if the zumo is connected to my computer; this a real nuisance!
betthe
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Can't link BaseCamp to maps

Post by betthe »

In BaseCamp go to the "MAPS" tab at the top of the screen and make sure the proper map is selected.
Aggie95
United States of America

Post by Aggie95 »

betthe wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:35 pm In BaseCamp go to the "MAPS" tab at the top of the screen and make sure the proper map is selected.
Betthe,
I don't think you understand my problem. If my zumo is tethered to my computer via the USB cable, the CNNA NT 2021.1 map that is installed on the zumo is automatically selected. My problem is that when I disconnect the zumo, the maps are removed from BaseCamp and BaseCamp reverts back to the "Global" map; no other map is available for selection.

The CNNA NT 2021.1 was installed in the appropriate directory on my root drive by Garmin Express, but I can find no way to point BaseCamp to this map so I can do Trip Planning without the zumo being connected to the computer.
Aggie95
United States of America

Post by Aggie95 »

Solved :D

I feel so stoopid! I have solved my problem! I hinted at it in my first post. I rebooted and BaseCamp found the map on its own!! IT's solution to every problem!! ReBoot! And this time it really worked!! Thanks everybody... :oops: