Basecamp Update

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Re: Basecamp Update

Post by Breezly »

Yes, you need to use the 32 bit version of Google Earth or Google Earth Pro
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Post by Sleuth »

Despite various solutions from the other knowledge base, I could never get the Link between Google Earth and BaseCamp to work.

While it would be nice, I would rather have BaseCamp up to date than keep trying to solve a situation caused by Google.

Perhaps the data mining tools of Google will change and BaseCamp can be linked again to Google Earth / Maps. Sorry I like Google search Engine, but the data mining of Google leaves much to be desired!
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
AlanI
Been liked: 1 time
Germany

Post by AlanI »

Breezly wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 am Yes, you need to use the 32 bit version of Google Earth or Google Earth Pro
Well I've got the 64 bit version of Google Earth Pro along with BaseCamp 4.6.2 but still can't get 'View' to work. I wonder if reverting to the Google Earth of old is a cure and if so, where does one find it?
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Think you've missed the bit that says you need the 32 bit version of Google Earth :lol:
kernowing
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

sussamb wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:21 pm Think you've missed the bit that says you need the 32 bit version of Google Earth :lol:
As I have 64 bit version installed, would I be able to install the 32 bit version onto windows 10 and would I need to uninstall the 64 bit Version?
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
AlanI
Germany

Post by AlanI »

sussamb wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:21 pm Think you've missed the bit that says you need the 32 bit version of Google Earth :lol:
No, not really, but maybe I was reading too much into the word 'or' .
AlanI
Germany

Post by AlanI »

kernowing wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:34 pm
As I have 64 bit version installed, would I be able to install the 32 bit version onto windows 10 and would I need to uninstall the 64 bit Version?
Reading this https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... D2M3MqBAAJ I think you possibly can.

Edit: Confirmation that this does work - hooray. I myself removed the GE 64 bit version from my PC and then followed the instructions (and link provided) in the referenced link above.
Imskier2
Has liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by Imskier2 »

The new version is useless to me without Google Earth link. On my touring and HOG routes I verify and move every POI that I am going to on Google Earth. Really not good when leading a group of 25 bikes and you pass or miss a turn because you weren't able to view entrance on Google Earth. I will be using the older version unless they decide to bring back the link. Having the link outweighs any improvement that they make. Maps are still updated and it works fo me.
2022 Ultra Limited
Mean Green Machine
Radioactive Green/Vivid Black
Arizona
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

There are no improvements with 4.7

It's simply been updated to remove certain features.
KiwiGPS
Has liked: 5 times
New Zealand

Post by KiwiGPS »

Try the new Google Earth Pro version 7.3.2

Info here on the BaseCamp forum: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-win ... source-fix