Map detail

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Seagoon
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Map detail

Post by Seagoon »

I have just refurbished my computer,installed Windows 10 where before I was using Win 7 and have had to reload Basecamp.
I am currently trying to create a route but the map is only showing "A" roads and the names of large cities. I want to start my route from Melton Mowbray and use the B686 and it is showing neither.
Has anyone got a suggestion?
I am on Max. zoom and have switched on and off virtually everything that gives me an option.
BTW I am on version 4.7.0 because that is the only version offered and map 2020.1
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Map detail

Post by sussamb »

Is map 2020.10 installed to PC? Does it show in the Maps drop down list and is it selected? If yes to both and map detail is set to highest check under View that Basemap only isn't selected.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

on the tool bars at the top you should be able to change the map detail

Also ensure you are using the relevant map and not the global one you can do this by clicking maps

Also make sure you have installed the maps to your computer
Seagoon
Great Britain

Post by Seagoon »

Thanks guys
You have hit the nail. I thought I had clicked on install to Zumo and PC but obviously not. I'll go and install it to the PC then I might have a chance:-)
Then i'll put the Dunce's cap on :roll:
Seagoon
Great Britain

Post by Seagoon »

For the sake of completness, and my reputation such as it is - it wasn't my fault Guv!
After the replies here I went back to Express and couldn't find the link to download the map to Basecamp so i rang Garmin this morning.
They suggested reinstalling Express which I duly did. There was the option to download the map to the computer which I HAD clicked on yesterday so something had gone wrong when I tried to download. So off we went again and this time it still didn't download the map to Basecamp, instead it installed it as an App. So I remembered that if you just downloaded the map without installing Basecamp it would install Basecamp as well so I uninstalled both the map and Basecamp then installed the map again so now I have a nice shiny copy of Basecamp with the correct map installed. I'm now going for a lay down in a dark place. I may take beer with me. ;) I hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.
kernowing
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

Take many beers Seagoon and repent slowly :lol:
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM