It might be me

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
JimKat2
Has liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: It might be me

Post by JimKat2 »

advnzer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 pm just check that the folder structure on the card is EXACTLY the same as the device.I didnt hink there was a routes folder????
Yep the path was the same. it was route.gpx file at the end. So I'm happy about that.

Now then. Does anyone know what is going on here?

I have re-installed Garmin Express and still get the same error. Also I am on a different network to my home. I think this error is why I have no maps tab
Which in turn prevents me from (Re-) installing the latest map to Zumo & BC. At the moment BC is using the Zumo for it's source map when connected, or Global Map when not connected to Zumo.

GE01.png
GE01.png (185.08 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

Cheers

Jim
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Different network to your home? Exactly what do you mean by that? If it's a network at work it's probably not configured to allow you to do what you want.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

sussamb wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm Different network to your home? Exactly what do you mean by that? If it's a network at work it's probably not configured to allow you to do what you want.
That's my thought too. Downloading stuff at work is a big no-go for me.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
JimKat2
Great Britain

Post by JimKat2 »

rbentnail wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:56 pm
sussamb wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 pm Different network to your home? Exactly what do you mean by that? If it's a network at work it's probably not configured to allow you to do what you want.
That's my thought too. Downloading stuff at work is a big no-go for me.
I would tend to agree with you if I was on the company network. We are now prevented from using USB drives and installing s/w that is not IT approved.

A Zumo would be flagged up as a usb drive and blocked.

However we have a Corporate Guest WiFi network that is more open (to within acceptable limits) and it is this one that my laptop is connected to and I still have the same results.

I have another couple of avenues that I need to explore so I will let you know how I get on.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

JimKat2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:46 pm I would tend to agree with you if I was on the company network. We are now prevented from using USB drives and installing s/w that is not IT approved.

A Zumo would be flagged up as a usb drive and blocked.

However we have a Corporate Guest WiFi network that is more open (to within acceptable limits) and it is this one that my laptop is connected to and I still have the same results.

I have another couple of avenues that I need to explore so I will let you know how I get on.
Ah, I see. I work for a big corporation that supplies Guest WiFi, they make it clear that many of the same restrictions apply to it as does the internal network. And I found it does- even my phone slows to a crawl with their WiFi- so I've pretty much given up using it. Maybe your situation is the same.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
JimKat2
Great Britain

Post by JimKat2 »

Well I have tried all the fixes to resolve the issue with updating maps onto Basecamp. But am no further forward.

Uninstalled,re-install GE and BC.

I have switched off as much internet security on my home network as I am prepared to do and connected directly to my router with a patch cable so no WiFi restrictions. Run a speed test and got 16/2mbs.

So I think I shall have to go as I am, until the next map update and then see what happens.

I can create routes and load them onto the Zumo so can do my pre-planning, it's just some of the expected functionality that is missing.

Thanks for the support folks.

Ride Safe