Having trouble

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
burtsr
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Having trouble

Post by burtsr »

I've switched from Mac to PC. While much of Basecamp is the same there are a lot of differences.

Here is two problems I'm having so far.

1. Is there any way to have the select tool as the default? Tired of having to go to the tools menu to have to select it.

2. When I do a search (find) most of the time almost nothing shows u when Al points of interest is selected. It seems I have to select Attractions or something then go back to All Points of Interest to and get the full list. Then many times it still only gives me 4 or 5 items. The problem seems to be in the all points of interest. Must be some setting someplace??

thanks for your help

Burtp
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 355 times
Great Britain

Re: Having trouble

Post by sussamb »

You can select to have all the tools in the toolbar, makes it easier than using the tools menu, and each tool will remain as the default until you select another. I tend to have the hand tool selected as my default as its the one that enables me to pan, zoom etc.

To add to the toolbar go to View, Toolbars.

On the search you initially only get a few results, click on the 3 dots and it'll search for more.

As you're new to BaseCamp on the PC you may find the tutorial here useful

https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Re: Having trouble

Post by rbentnail »

burtsr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:18 am I've switched from Mac to PC. While much of Basecamp is the same there are a lot of differences.

Here is two problems I'm having so far.

1. Is there any way to have the select tool as the default? Tired of having to go to the tools menu to have to select it.
Not that I know of. I believe (as mentioned above) the last tool selected stays until you select something else. I just developed the habit of re-clicking the Pan tool (the Hand) after each operation. I quit messing up my plans when I started doing that. The Select tool gives the stupid pop-up balloon thing- I hate that.

2. When I do a search (find) most of the time almost nothing shows u when Al points of interest is selected. It seems I have to select Attractions or something then go back to All Points of Interest to and get the full list. Then many times it still only gives me 4 or 5 items. The problem seems to be in the all points of interest. Must be some setting someplace??
I know you probably don't want to hear this but I've found the BC Find feature to be difficult to use and grossly outdated. I use something else, usually just a google search, to find what I need. Even out on the road the phone is immensely easier and significantly more current to search.
thanks for your help

Burtp
Replies above. Also as mentioned, it's a lot easier if you modify your toolbar to have what you need. You can right click in the area and tick boxes to include/exclude items. Use the 3 dots to drag & drop the single item just to the right of it to organize. Takes a few minutes but play with it, you'll see.
Base Camp Toolbar.JPG
Base Camp Toolbar.JPG (26.35 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A