Avoiding interstates not working.

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Avoiding interstates not working.

Post by pidjones » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I have Basecamp (Win10) with motorcycle profile set to avoid interstates. Doesn't mater if set for fastest or shortest routes, it jumps to the superslabs and I have to include dozens of shaping points to keep it off. What gives? AmI going to have to individually select every interstate highway in the area (both directions to include the return trip) to accomplish this? I seem to be going backwards in ease of use from MapSource and StreetPilot 2730 to Basecamp and Zumo 396. If not fir the brighter screen and map memory U would pull the old StreetPilot back out (which, BTW came with a car kit included).

sussamb
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 61 times
Great Britain

Re: Avoiding interstates not working.

Post by sussamb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Try a different profile. If it's still happening which map are you using?

rbentnail
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 33 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:10 am

I found that using the motorcycling profile really screws things up as far as avoidances go. I switched to driving on both the device and Base Camp and the problems went away.

I later went back and "converted" re-used routes from motorcycling to driving in Base Camp and was amazed at the differences in route selection made.
Russ B. Zumo 595,
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A, 117k and counting

Dusty ST
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Similar experience, after being directed to French peage a couple of times earlier in the year I switched from motorcycling to driving in BC and on the Zumo for my trip in September and had no problems.