660 losing track logs

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
stevedo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

660 losing track logs

Post by stevedo »

Today I rode 110 miles. When trying to download (and on the unit) the track log in Basecamp it only shows the last 0.7 miles. No problem I thought, the ride was twisty (in the Andes) the unit must have created an archive. However, the archive folder on the unit is completely empty. I only have that last 0.7 miles of the ride. This is the second time in the last week that I have had this problem.

I am not using an SD card and the unit has a reported 2.93GB of free space so that shouldn't be an issue. I have been using the device to track our RTW ride for the last four years and this has only happened in the past week.

My expectation is that the unit will write an archive file if the current track log becomes too large (10,000 points?) and that this should be found in the GPX\Archive folder on the unit. But like I said, this folder is completely empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Steve
www.tiger800rtw.com
facebook\tiger800rtw

PS for the last log that was lost I created a track log in Basecamp but it's awfully tedious and I lose all associated data e.g. altitude. For this part of the world, I'm currently in Peru, this is extremely disappointing.
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: 660 losing track logs

Post by dave726 »

You could try a Master Reset. Be aware of what data will not be kept before doing this. Garmin website can be searched for Master Reset.
stevedo
Great Britain

Post by stevedo »

OK, I've tried that. Let's see how it goes over the next week or so. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes.
stevedo
Great Britain

Post by stevedo »

Hola, I realise that this was a while ago, but for anyone else who may have the same issue, the master reset cured the problem for me.