660 and HD NIM

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
1pkraft
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

660 and HD NIM

Post by 1pkraft »

I had a 2010 Limited and my wife has a 2013 Street Glide both with 660's and the Harley Navigation Interface Module which allows the 660 to interact through the stock radio system. Last year the audible nav voice would periodically stop working on my bike, when this happened I would get a lot of static. Usually the system would function as normal after a gas stop which of course meant turning the bike off and then back on when we were ready to ride again. The 660 functioned as normal in the car mount. I've traded the bike in on a 2018 so I can't continue to duplicate the issue, although I continue to use the 660 in my car with no issues.

Now the 660 on my wife's bike is doing the same thing. I was thinking there was an issue with my 660 but since this has started to happen on her bike I'm beginning to think the issue is the HD module.

Dealer is not aware of any problems with the NIM but admittingly has seen very few of these installed.

Anyone one else experience anything like this?
Moose
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
United States of America

Re: 660 and HD NIM

Post by Moose »

had the same problem when I had the 660 never could find out why. so I changed to a 595 but that only works on aux still have the nav wired into the 2011 limited but it's ow useless
1pkraft
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Re: 660 and HD NIM

Post by 1pkraft »

Thanks, I'll keep working on this and post of anything comes up