Zumo 665 problem

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
kioolt
United States of America

Re: Zumo 665 problem

Post by kioolt »

BigKev72 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm Due to the 665 being obsolete there is nothing they can do to fix or replace it.
I'm surprised that they said it can't be fixed. I got my 665LM repaired about two months ago for a flat rate of $159. For some reason they don't offer a repair service for the 665 (without lifetime maps) but do for the 665LM (with lifetime maps). You can find out if yours is an LM version by removing the battery and looking at the model number.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
BigKev72

Post by BigKev72 »

kioolt wrote:
BigKev72 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:35 pm Due to the 665 being obsolete there is nothing they can do to fix or replace it.
I'm surprised that they said it can't be fixed. I got my 665LM repaired about two months ago for a flat rate of $159. For some reason they don't offer a repair service for the 665 (without lifetime maps) but do for the 665LM (with lifetime maps). You can find out if yours is an LM version by removing the battery and looking at the model number.

https://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
Mine is the LM model too. But no joy. They told me in their email that they no longer have replacement units in stock nor do they have parts for them in stock.
I did email them back regarding their “kind” offer to discount a 595 by 30% for me and asked if they would be willing to apply the $210 discount on a 395 instead...let’s see if they bite. If not I’m out of Garmin’s camp for life. I’m a bit of a pig headed ass like that (ask my wife).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigKev72

Post by BigKev72 »

Garmin’s response to my proposed solution was to say politely “piss off, take what we offer or nothing”.
In response I detailed the many reasons that they just lost me as a customer for life and explained that I would be quite happy passing the worst bad word of mouth that I can possibly think of from now on. TomTom here I come. Hopefully they are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Cat Slaves
Canada

Post by The Cat Slaves »

Hi BigKev72, I have a small favour to ask and only if you want to. I need a part from a 665LM that broke on mine.
Would you be willing to sell me your broken 665LM or give me it since it does not work. I guess I'm asking alot but
no harm in asking, right!
Thanks.
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

So what did PalmDr say?
93aspy
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by 93aspy »

I had the same problem after downloading 2018.1 but got lucky I guess as a reset cured the issue... I would contact PalmDr if I were you...