Music Interference on line-in

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
svdoninnv
United States of America

Music Interference on line-in

Post by svdoninnv »

This is a bit weird. My setup is the following:

Zumo 595 on motorcycle. Bluetooth devices - Samsung Galaxy S9+ connected as phone, calls and smartphone link. Cardo Packtalk Bold connected for BT headset and media audio. Sirius XM radio connected to Zumo via audio line-in on Zumo harness. S-plug earbuds.

I get fantastic clarity on all devices - phone calls, stereo from XM or MP3. Don't use any Bluetooth Media.

So, the problem is, I'll be listening to XM radio, and the feed is interrupted by the GPS lady. It seems to do fine - the music is temporarily reduced in volume, the announcement is given, and the music returns.

But the problem is, when the music returns, it has snaps, pops, and other interference. Thru experimentation, I found I can get music purity back by going to Apps/Media Player/ Source, selecting Bluetooth, Save, then re-select Line-in and Save. This clears the interference.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to fix it?
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Re: Music Interference on line-in

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

It could be that the Bluetooth is dropping temporarily then reconnecting. Have you enabled the dual Bluetooth in your phone? The other thing i did was drop the Cardo connecting to the phone and use the phone functionality through the Garmin only. I would add that I had something similar when first starting up, very poor connection. A discountect and reconnect via Garmin settings cured it
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT
svdoninnv
United States of America

Post by svdoninnv »

Thanks for the response!

My suspicion also is that it is some kind of Bluetooth interference / connection problem.

Not quite sure what you mean by enabling "dual Bluetooth" on phone - I don't see a setting for that. It will connect to multiple Bluetooth devices at once. I have the phone connected to only the Zumo 595, not to the Cardo.

I'll see if it keeps happening, and will keep experimenting if it does. Thanks!
JohnnyRidesAlone
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Post by JohnnyRidesAlone »

Some details here
https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-dual-audio

may be wothr a try
Ducati Multistrada V4S and ST4s
Every zumo from 550 590 660 XT