jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 595 Portrait Display

Post by jfheath »

Converted 590 to 595: In MTP mode.

I just timed these for comparison.

From plugging the USB cable into the Zumo in sleep mode, 22 seconds for WIndows File Explorer to recognise it, 35 secs for Basecamp to recognise and finish initialising the Internal memory and memory card.

Mass Storage mode is very similar.

------

Came across another odd issue yesterday - I disable the GPS so that I could fix my position on the map. The intention was to simulate driving a route so that I could get screen shots of certain features. The bike ignored the road completely and headed cross country in what appeared to be a straight line towards the finish point, ignoring all routing points in between. I've not seen that before ! Except on an off road bike. The Zumo settings were correct, the route settings were for motorcycle ('cos that can catch you out when it changes what mode the Zumo is in), and it wasn't in a cradle - which can also catch you out. Still got to investigate that one - If I am that bothered about it.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

jfheath wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 amFrom plugging the USB cable into the Zumo in sleep mode, 22 seconds for WIndows File Explorer to recognise it
MTP mode takes 1 minute 20 seconds, mass stoage mode 60 seconds. (590 using 595 firmware 4.60) strange that is takes that much longer on my device..
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Is the delay to do with the Zumo recognising that it is in USB mode, or the time take to connect once it is in USB mode - that from sleep mode

18 seconds from completely off to golden computer image.

I sometimes get a white image - but not this time. I don't know the white image means . I assumed that it meant that it had recognised USB mode, but hadn't yet connected to anything. But that is just a blind guess.

(Ah - I am using a USB 3 port plugged into a USB 3 socket. I wonder if that is the difference - though I am not convinced that I get USB rates for memory card transfer).

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.