Border and/or State crossings indicator in Zumo?

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Border and/or State crossings indicator in Zumo?

Post by Iris »

Does the Zumo 590 have a spot on the screen that lets you instantly view what country you are in or what state you are in?
It would be so handy to have either a toggle button for this or an area on the upper right side of the screen (for example) to show it.

I constantly travel into different states during a small 300 mile ride on back roads. I sometimes wonder if I have crossed from one state to the other and maybe I missed the road sign.
I would like to be able to know.
I think this option would be even handier when traveling in Europe and crossing from say Switzerland into Austria and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Re: Border and/or State crossings indicator in Zumo?

Post by rbentnail »

Iris wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:51 pm Does the Zumo 590 have a spot on the screen that lets you instantly view what country you are in or what state you are in?
It would be so handy to have either a toggle button for this or an area on the upper right side of the screen (for example) to show it.
Not that I've found. I've wondered the same thing along the "border roads" of NC/VA and the straight borders on Delmarva. On my 595 I've been reasonably successful by touching the map, touching the arrow top left and zooming out a little to see where I am. The state borders show as a dull gray line in daytime and bright white in night lighting.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A