Zumo 595 audio in the car

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
KevC
Great Britain

Zumo 595 audio in the car

Post by KevC »

Hi everyone, newby here with a question, kinda got the zumo set up on the bike with helmet headset but also want to use the zumo in the car. Trouble is that l cannot get voice instructions through the car speakers via bluetooth or even through the device, just visual directions. (wearing a bike helmet in the car would be just plain daft :lol:)
Anyone help out, I cannot trace this in the manual, thanks in advance.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 595 audio in the car

Post by Stu »

Did you not get a car mount with the sat nav?

Its a powered mount that has a speaker built in to it
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

The link below might help. Its written for a 590 and the intention was to get sound out through BT headphones and input via a BT phone, but the settings are made in the same place for output to BT car. Download the pdf in post #1

Problems arise if you have other devices which grab the BT connection first.

At its simplest, you pair the zumo and car. You might have to set the volume, you might have to select the BT type from the icons. But this is all covered in the pdf.

Beware - the Zumo will retain Some separate settings for each cradle. I am not sure if the BT settings fall into this category. The Zumo automatically switches to the settings that were last used in that cradle. Loads of gotchas in there, which I wont go into now.

Anyway, see if this helps. The first time I did it, I had to delete all of my pairings and start from scratch. Then it became simple to set up.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=520

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
KevC
Great Britain

Post by KevC »

Stu,
thanks for the info, l had forgotten about the power speaker, as l only had a couple of shortish journeys l did not bother with the power lead so confused why no spoken directions, but works fine now, just gotta get it through the car speakers now. Thanks.

Jfheath,
thanks for the explanation and link, l havent had a chance to download and try it out yet but will this week. Having seen your previous explanations to queries l'm sure this will work. Much appreciated.