Zumo 590 + 595 & Basecamp - What the Manuals Do not Tell.

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
sonuvabug
Has liked: 4 times
Canada

Re: Zumo 590 + 595 & Basecamp - What the Manuals Do not Tell.

Post by sonuvabug »

jfheath wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:51 pm ... snipped ... The file is still free for your own personal use, but must not be redistributed, shared, posted, published, passed on to a mate, ..... You get the picture. Just for you. If others want it, please send them to this page.
First let me say thank so much for all of the resource materials you have created and posted John.

I can only guesstimate at the hundreds of hours you've invested in this body of work. As a novice ZUMO XT/BaseCamp learner, the reading and learning has been very valuable for me.

A future edit?: On PAGE 11 of the Zumo 590/595 and Basecamp 4.1.1. guide attachment you posted, it seems some of the headings and sentences have dropped ... as if cut off. I don't know if that's unique to me or whether it is an inherent problem for everybody.

Thank you very much again.
Last edited by sonuvabug on Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks for the comment @sonuvabug - glad to know it is still helping people.

Goodness - I never noticed that missing text before. I know exactly what that is - and It is affecting the whole of the page. It is probably a shape or a large letter. When I am working on the pages, If I haven't finished, or haven't checked it for errors, I put a big red 'X' or some other message over the page before I save it for the day. It looks as though that was set to white by accident. No red mark, I must have checked the page - so I never noticed it ! I'll get that fixed and repost it.

Thank you.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sonuvabug
Has liked: 4 times
Canada

Post by sonuvabug »

You're welcome John. I am literally reading every word.

Question: I downloaded the pdf document and I wanted to print it to put in my binder. It won't print.

Is that by design or something wonky at my end?

Thanks again for all your tremendous work in putting this info together.
Last edited by sonuvabug on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

sonuvabug wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:56 am
Question: I downloaded the pdf document and I wanted to print it to put in my binder. It won't print.
Is that by design or something wonky at my end?
That is by design.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I've made the correction, thank you @sonuvabug, and made a few other mods to version 4.3

That is now posted in place of the original one - in Post #1 (but that won't print either).