Zumo 590 with phone, BT headphones and smartphone app

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Zumo 590 with phone, BT headphones and smartphone app

Post by jfheath »

Setting up a Bluetooth headset with the Zumo 590 - plus other extras.

This is a document that I wrote after testing out a foolproof way of getting the Zumo 590 connected to various devices such as a phone, a smartphone link for weather / traffic information, MP3 music and a Bluetooth headset.

Depending on what devices are connected, different menus and options will appear on the Zumo. The document describes a straight forward process. Then it goes through the fool proof method, testing each step before moving on, and making sure that the things that easily get in the way to prevent the connections from working are systematically eliminated. Illustrated with Zumo screen shots.

Hope you find it useful.

Zumo 590 and Bluetooth - ZumoUserForums.pdf
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 564 times

Please do not pass the file on - if others are interested, point them to the link on this site. That way, any changes or improvements get to the people that need to know.
Last edited by jfheath on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo 590 with phone, BT headphones and smartphone app

Post by pidjones »

I'll try with my 396. Before, the Zumo locked out my phone and intercom, and sometimes refused to communicate with my SMH5.
BTW, do you have to join that site to download?
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 590 with phone, BT headphones and smartphone app

Post by jfheath »

Because it is open access, I just set my documents on Issuu to be readable, not downloadable. I have attached a modified version to the first post that you can download from here.

Please do not pass the file on - if others are interested, point them to the link on this site. That way, any changes or improvements get to the people that need to know.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.