Trip Planner - Waypoints omitted

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
JirkaM

Trip Planner - Waypoints omitted

Post by JirkaM »

I have bought Zumo 595 in the April 2019. Zumo was many times updated vi Garmin Express. Currently version 4.60.
During the planning trip (Trip Planner) I enter waypoints but during the calculation process are all waypoints omitted and Zumo calculates the shortest way. :(
I tried even factory setup but it did not solve the problem. Has anyone encounter the same problem ?

jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Trip Planner - Waypoints omitted

Post by jfheath »

JirkaM wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm I have bought Zumo 595 in the April 2019. Zumo was many times updated vi Garmin Express. Currently version 4.60.
During the planning trip (Trip Planner) I enter waypoints but during the calculation process are all waypoints omitted and Zumo calculates the shortest way. :(
I tried even factory setup but it did not solve the problem. Has anyone encounter the same problem ?
Most people get a problem similar to this when they first start to use Trip Planner. Did you sort out the answer to this problem ? I need a bit more information but can probably help.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Missed this the first time around. Struggled to follow exactly what you were doing but at no point did the trip seem to recalculate after you'd entered it, which it should do, so suspect you've missed out a step somewhere.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I have tried, but I cannot duplicate this issue - but I have a 590, not a 595 - and the interface is a little bit different, but not much. It took me a while to get Google to translate the displays so that I could make sense of which buttons you were pressing !

@sussamb is correct - the route should recalculate with the new points, and it doesn't. You would get a display saying 10%, 20%, etc and it takes it a few seconds, so you wouldn't miss it. Something isn't making sense. It hasn't even recognised that the points have been entered.

Does it do it if you enter a route from scratch using points that you have recently found ?
Does it if you use points selected from your 'favourites' (your stored waypoints ?)

One thought occurs to me. If the route you are editing is also the active route, it can be very difficult to know which one you are actually looking at. Maybe you are editing the stored route but are looking at the active route, which hasn't been edited. (Or the other way about - editing the active route and looking at the stored route)

Make sure that you have no routes currently loaded. Create a brand new route with start and end. Save and check.
Then add a mid point. Save and check
Then another. Save and check
Then try to edit a midpoint. Save and check.

See what happens.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.