mediaplayer and line-in sharing questions

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
tt8484
Canada

mediaplayer and line-in sharing questions

Post by tt8484 »

I'm considering buying the 595. I would like some details.

a) the media player has a mp3 track bar at the top; can you seek in the sond by clicking on it?

b) does the line-in have some automatic gain control? do you have enough volume or does it require the outputing device to boost it's output?

c) for those who have a headset capable of music sharing, have you successfully shared the line-in?

thanks.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: mediaplayer and line-in sharing questions

Post by jfheath »

The Slide bar can be used to scrub within the track if the music is coming from the mp3 folder in the Zumo. Not if it is coming from a bluetooth link from (say) a smartphone.

The volume is plenty loud enough into my autocom unit, and i have tried it with a bluetooth headset, which is also good. I dont know about plugging earpieces in directly to the 3.5 mm jack socket. What are you connecting to it.

I have never tried to share the output. (I assume you meant sharing the line out ?) The autocom unit does that for me. If it is a BT dual headset, then the headset should take care of sending a decent signal to the pillion, but i have never used one.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
tt8484
Canada

Post by tt8484 »

jfheath wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:09 am The Slide bar can be used to scrub within the track if the music is coming from the mp3 folder in the Zumo. Not if it is coming from a bluetooth link from (say) a smartphone.

The volume is plenty loud enough into my autocom unit, and i have tried it with a bluetooth headset, which is also good. I dont know about plugging earpieces in directly to the 3.5 mm jack socket. What are you connecting to it.

I have never tried to share the output. (I assume you meant sharing the line out ?) The autocom unit does that for me. If it is a BT dual headset, then the headset should take care of sending a decent signal to the pillion, but i have never used one.
Ok for the seek bar.
For the line "IN", I really mean line in, like playing an am radio into the gps, so the gps can play it out to bt headset, hence the question about sharing over BT like sena does for music.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Ah - Ok, sorry.

I have never done that, but I have seen the Line In option from the 2 jack plug menu that I mentioned previously. SInce it is only a stereo jack input, I doubt that the media player on the Zumo would have any control over the sequence of music, or over skipping forward or backward. But there are separate volume levels available for Button sounds, Navigation, Phone, Media and proximity alerts - accessed from the volume on the main screen - with one master volume control from within media player itself. Worth checking what levels they are all at.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.