Zumo 595 Bluetooth audio

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
thomsork
Great Britain

Zumo 595 Bluetooth audio

Post by thomsork »

Hi,

I have an Interphone F5MC connected via bluetooth to my Zumo 595LM. All devices have the latest firmware updates.

I find the audio very scratchy to the point that the prompts sound like the voice has a lisp. The letters 's' and 't' are not very clear at all.
I've tried the Interphone in my old 600 Zumo and it is clear as a whistle.

Anyone else had this issue? No other bluetooth devices are connected to the zumo.
Sleuth
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 16 times
Belgium

Re: Zumo 595 Bluetooth audio

Post by Sleuth »

What is your volume set at?

I have found that if the volume is set very high, then you get distortion on the words. Of course, if it is too low then you do not hear anything.

Ahh the joys of Bluetooth - I hope I will be very happy when (if) I getg a wired intercom! :D

Best regards
Sleuth
GPS: Garmin Zumo XT, BMW Navigator IV
Maps: Europe NTU 2024.10
Software: Basecamp (4.7.4) & Mapsource (6.16.3)
Computer: PC (Windows 11 Home)
Motorcycle: BMW R1200GSA (2020)
thomsork
Great Britain

Post by thomsork »

Sleuth wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 pm What is your volume set at?

I have found that if the volume is set very high, then you get distortion on the words. Of course, if it is too low then you do not hear anything.

Ahh the joys of Bluetooth - I hope I will be very happy when (if) I getg a wired intercom! :D

Best regards
Sleuth
Tried that, didn't work too well. Just lowered the volume but same low quality.

I tried a bluetooth headset my son has for listening to music and it was a good deal clearer and louder.

Maybe I'll just have to accept the poor bluetooth connection or go hard wired
Seldano
Been liked: 1 time
Germany

Post by Seldano »

I have the same issue on my 595 with the same Interphone system - it's like it isn't using A2DP. When I use the 660 and first turn it on, I get the same low quality audio, but then it'll switch to much better quality. So far (I've only had the 595 for a week) the audio's pretty crappy.
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by pidjones »

My problem with 396 through SMH5 is that it's TOO LOUD!! Cut it down to keep from knocking me off the bike with prompts, and I can't hear my cell phone. All clear as a bell, though.
Vespamarc
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Belgium

Post by Vespamarc »

User guide page 15:

You can easily adjust the volume by rotating the Jog Dial. You will hear a beep when the volume reaches maximum or minimum level. The volume is set and maintained independently at different levels for each audio source even when you turn off and on the headset. For example, once you set the volume for mobile phone handsfree, it will not change even if you adjust the volume when you hear Bluetooth MP3 music. So you can always maintain the preferred optimum volume level for each audio source.
pidjones
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by pidjones »

It appears that the 2.0 software may have changed that. I will know in a few days, but initial testing says the feature to set individual volumes is gone. Would be a moot point if Garmin let you set the Bluetooth volume it sends, but alas, it doesn't.
thomsork
Great Britain

Post by thomsork »

Seldano wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:45 pm I have the same issue on my 595 with the same Interphone system - it's like it isn't using A2DP. When I use the 660 and first turn it on, I get the same low quality audio, but then it'll switch to much better quality. So far (I've only had the 595 for a week) the audio's pretty crappy.
That was exactly what thought. The headset isn't receiving A2DP. The 660 connected with low quality audio, then automatically switched to A2DP.

I also had a Zumo 660 and I wished I had kept it now as the audio is far better.

Garmin support told me to hard reset the device but I still had the same issue.

Did another hard rest by pressing the bottom right of the screen whilst turning the device on, still holding the bottom right until the device said loading. Reloaded my back up and hey presto, the audio is so much better. Not as good as the 660 I may add, but at least i can make out what the zuno is now saying.

Did you get any resolve with yours yet?