help

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
tonestan
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Re: help

Post by tonestan »

Update. After many emails from Sena I have decided that these issues are compatability problems between the 595 and the Sena 10U headset. I cannot for example get the phone to operate through the headset despite it being connected to the 595 - I know it is because I can make a call from the 595 but I hear nothing through the headset. Only way to solve that is to connect the headset directly to the phone, and I think this may be the source of the problem I then get with the stutter.

Anyway, with no help from Garmin or Sena I am trying a headset which is actually listed as being compatible. If this fails then the whole lot will go back to Garmin as it will be basically useless.

Hopefully the new headset will solve the issues. I will post the result on here as it is clear that Garmin wont help others who have the same problems.

T
Outsider
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by Outsider »

I have a similar issue with phone calls with my 590 and iPhone. There’s a million different ways you can connect things but I often can’t hear the other person until I change the audio routing on the phone. By default it outputs the audio to the Zumo and not to my Sena headset. It’s the phone that controls this. A pain. Luckily I don’t make or receive call much when riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Outsider

My occasional adventures: www.outsider-adventure.blogspot.co.uk
My other passion: www.droidbot07.blogspot.co.uk
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

A year late, but the trick is to pair the headset to the Zumo (make sure you can play media and get navigation instructions through the headset), and then pair the phone to the Zumo.

The Zumo has various Bluetooth connection options for each BT device (phone, media, data, etc), which can be selected independently.

You can get odd results or your connection will fail if you have various Bluetooth connections already set up. One of them will connect to another device while you are not looking. Delete them or disable them and start from scratch.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Outsider
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by Outsider »

I’ve tried headset to Zumo direct but I don’t always ride with the sat nav which means I’d have to reconfigure the pairing when I leave the Zumo at home but still want music etc. Also, I don’t think Siri will work when routed via the Zumo.

Works fine most of the time especially if I’m consistent with the order I connect things (usually phone is on, then Zumo goes in cradle, then switch on headset), but when it messes up, it’s really frustrating.

- Outsider

My occasional adventures: www.outsider-adventure.blogspot.co.uk
My other passion: www.droidbot07.blogspot.co.uk
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Outsider wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:38 pm I’ve tried headset to Zumo direct but I don’t always ride with the sat nav which means I’d have to reconfigure the pairing when I leave the Zumo at home but still want music etc. Also, I don’t think Siri will work when routed via the Zumo.

Works fine most of the time especially if I’m consistent with the order I connect things (usually phone is on, then Zumo goes in cradle, then switch on headset), but when it messes up, it’s really frustrating.

This is the trouble I have!

I don't always take the zumo out so finding the best way to pair headset, zumo and phone without it getting messy is a pain!