595 display

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
JD Hog
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: 595 display

Post by JD Hog »

Bond007 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm JD Hog, please send me your file for the Zumo 595. My screen display is terrible! :roll:
[email protected]
Bond007,

Here are three themes. Two are identical except the highlighted route is wider one one of them. The third is one with Auto Club map colors. Try all three for an in the sun view on your GPS.
Attachments
Themes.zip
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Jim Diebolt
Zumo XT
2015 Kawasaki 1700 Voyager
Northern California, USA
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

JD Hog wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 pm
Bond007 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm JD Hog, please send me your file for the Zumo 595. My screen display is terrible! :roll:
[email protected]
Bond007,

Here are three themes. Two are identical except the highlighted route is wider one one of them. The third is one with Auto Club map colors. Try all three for an in the sun view on your GPS.
Thanks! I'll give them a try too. I tried bogey's theme, I'm not fond of it.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

Question for you guys.....

I have tried to load a few of these, had some success and a few times it did not work so well. I think I found my mistake originally as IO modified a current file (theme) and when I put it back in my unit it crashed. So I took it off and that was when Moose emailed me one. It worked, (and thanks BTW) but I wanted to tweek a but more.

Can you load more themes or is it better to remove a file and then add a modified version back?

Of the 3 which one is wider? By wider I tried to make tracks and routes wider so I could see them easier.

thanks
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

patrickg450 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 am Question for you guys.....

I have tried to load a few of these, had some success and a few times it did not work so well. I think I found my mistake originally as IO modified a current file (theme) and when I put it back in my unit it crashed. So I took it off and that was when Moose emailed me one. It worked, (and thanks BTW) but I wanted to tweek a but more.

Can you load more themes or is it better to remove a file and then add a modified version back?

Of the 3 which one is wider? By wider I tried to make tracks and routes wider so I could see them easier.

thanks
I'm not sure what you're asking, "of the 3" what?

I've been loading themes upon themes upon themes. I've also removed some. I think if I were to modify an existing theme I would give it a unique filename prior to adding it back. I'm finding when I decide I don't like one I remove it simply to reduce the clutter & ease the search of which ones I like.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
JD Hog
United States of America

Post by JD Hog »

patrickg450 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 am Question for you guys.....

thanks
Theme #2 has the wider highlighted route.
Jim Diebolt
Zumo XT
Northern California, USA
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

I was referring to the 3 of the AUTO themes in the post above, JD answered my question, but of course I have another......how can I get my tracks to be that wide?

I had loaded some themes once that caused my unit to crash. Not sure what I did but I modified one and afte the power up it died. Hooked her back up the PC and removed it not more issues......weird huh. After that I was emailed a theme and it worked OK. I am going to try some today. How many themes can she hold?
JD Hog
United States of America

Post by JD Hog »

patrickg450 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:09 am I was referring to the 3 of the AUTO themes in the post above, JD answered my question, but of course I have another......how can I get my tracks to be that wide?

I had loaded some themes once that caused my unit to crash. Not sure what I did but I modified one and afte the power up it died. Hooked her back up the PC and removed it not more issues......weird huh. After that I was emailed a theme and it worked OK. I am going to try some today. How many themes can she hold?
I used Map Theme Maker http://www.pinns.co.uk/osm/theme_maker.html for modifying the themes.
Jim Diebolt
Zumo XT
Northern California, USA
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

http://www.javawa.nl/zumocolors.html

I used the above link......any experience with it? I will look at yours.
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

QUESTION:

I am tweaking around and was not able to figure sum'in out.......where do I set the colors for city limits at? On a few of my maps the cities become grey at day time. On the one that havebeen shared here they are not. I'd like to do without the grey for cities but do not know where/what line number to set them to.

http://www.javawa.nl/zumocolors.html

I am using the above........

Thanks
bogiediver
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by bogiediver »

patrickg450 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:34 pm Does "boogies theme" mean anything to anyone?
That would be 'bogies' (one 'o' - I can't boogie😎)

It's likely a theme mod I did that helps with contrast... was posted to the old zumoforums and made the rounds...