Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Rip
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: Anyone use a Cardo Intercom with their Zumo?

Post by Rip »

Stu wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:04 am
Rip wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am There may actually be some hope here in the release notes of the Cardo's latest firmware update:

https://www.cardosystems.com/packtalk-b ... ase-notes/

I'm updating mine now and will be in a group ride tomorrow so I should be able to test it.
I am running 5.7 and I believe its still the same
Oh well that's a shame then! I've enabled 'Bluetooth Audio Mixing' in the Cardo app so that sounds promising but under the 'Audio Priority' setting you get two options which are:

Intercom: Intercom calls can interupt active music and GPS instruction. Music and GPS instructions are not available during an active intercom call.

Audio Sources: Music and GPS instructions can interrupt active intercom calls. Intercom will be resumed at the end of the GPS instruction, Intercom calls are not available during active music or GPS instructions.

I'm hoping their wording is just a little bit strange there and that when they say 'active intercom calls' they just mean 'when someone is speaking'.

It does sound like they are trying to make improvements in the audio mixing area though.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

I have to say I am a little disappointed that the navigation instructions cut the intercom!

Maybe if enough people complain about it they will try harder :lol:
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Stu wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 pm I have to say I am a little disappointed that the navigation instructions cut the intercom!

Maybe if enough people complain about it they will try harder :lol:
Yeah it is a bit strange.
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

Can anyone confirm what happens when you switch between the two Audio Priority settings in the Cardo app, like what happens with each setting while you have the intercom and a GPS both active?

I could live with the GPS cutting out and having the intercom stay active if that's possible.
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

I can confirm the following after a ride today:

Audio Priority set to Intercom in the Cardo app

Bluetooth Mixing enabled in the Cardo app

Intercom still gets muted while the Zumo is giving audio instructions/rider alerts :-(

Next time I go out I'll try Audio Priority set to Audio Sources in the Cardo app and see what happens then.
mzeist
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 31 times
Netherlands

Post by mzeist »

Thanks for testing. You use the DMC mode for the intercom I presume?
Groet, Marcel.
ST1300 - Etrex Vista, 60CS, Co300, SPIII, SP2610, Nuvi760, Zumo660, Or650, Nuvi3590, Zumo590/5, Zumo XT
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

mzeist wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:47 pm Thanks for testing. You use the DMC mode for the intercom I presume?
No problem, and yes I use the DMC.
giuseppe66
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Post by giuseppe66 »

I've already do all these test...Cardo and Zumo work only on 1 channel. The same channel of intercom. Only Midland work with Zumo on another bluethoot channel because it use 2 bluethoot chip. If you want hear intercom and in background gps and or music by gps you must change from Cardo to Midland or from Zumo to Tomtom rider (use a particolar channel for connect with Cardo)
Rip
Great Britain

Post by Rip »

The reason I was testing again is because the latest Cardo firmware states that with Bluetooth Mixing enabled you should be able to hear both the intercom and the GPS so it sounds like Cardo are trying to implement the dual channel feature, but for some reason it simply does not work the way they say it should. I have emailed Cardo support to see what they say.
giuseppe66
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Post by giuseppe66 »

Cardo will reply to you that IT'S NOT CARDO PROBLEM, IT'S ZUMO PROBLEM..hehehehehe. It's little right because with TomTom there are not these problems (but i don't like Tomtom). In my biker life i had used always Cardo, (i test them also for big shop near me) and for my travel around Europe, middle Est and nord Africa i use Garmin (for many reason i prefer than Tomtom) but i've also a wife ( :| ) and she like speak (not much fortunately) during travel so it's was a problem with Cardo and Zumo so i've looking for a solution also if someone has say me change wife. I've two bikes, 1 it's supersport without Zumo and other is a sport tourer with Zumo so i've buy Midland BTX2 Pro S for use with Zumo on my travel and Freecom 4 + JBL with other helmets for Ninja Kawasaki...When Cardo make a real solution (i test in shop with my Zumo) i will re-buy Cardo but now, if i want use Zumo, Midland it's only the solution. DMC mode it's the same..