Zumo 550 repair by palmdr

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
CRracer
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Zumo 550 repair by palmdr

Post by CRracer »

After 14 years I'm finally seeing a bit a crackage around my power button and +/- buttons.

I know some of you have had palmdr repair yours. How does the repaired rubber look?

They've got photos on their website, but I get the impression the photo of the good rubber button is not a repaired button photo.

Considering sending mine in for the button repair and internal battery (had no idea it had one and it's never been replaced). My 550 has been in service since December 2006. Though it didn't sit out in elements and when not in use was in the Garmin case.
Fallguy67
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo 550 repair by palmdr

Post by Fallguy67 »

I had two buttons replaced as well as the internal battery and was very satisfied. Looked the same as the original to me.
CRracer
United States of America

Post by CRracer »

I'm just now getting around to having my 550 serviced. The power button fell off while my son was riding my CRF 230l. He just bought his first bike, a 20 CRF 250 Rally, so I figured I'd get this 550 serviced and let him have it for his bike.

Did the check out, guess I'll call them tomorrow to see where to send it too(I noticed Minnesota), and find out if it's safe to send it there :shock:
CRracer
United States of America

Post by CRracer »

I did get my 550 sent off and it was returned in less than a week. One button replaced, looks great. Button repair and internal battery replaced. It's nice how fast it finds satellites again!

Gave it to my son to put on his CRF 250 Rally