Saving a location

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Saving a location

Post by Pockets »

Hi lads, just a quick one, is it possible to save a location on the 550. If I find myself at a location I might want to visit again can i save it as a favourite on the satnav so i can find my way back again.
Going out for the day on my bike on Sunday so would like to know by then in case i need to return.
advnzer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times
New Zealand

Re: Saving a location

Post by advnzer »

yes.I dont use a zumo but on my nuvi you just long press the symbol that represents your location and "save" Dont forget to give it a reasonable name and or remember to rename it later.On my nuvi i have saved waypoints with names like ??? or xxx or some other abbreviation which is very quick at the time,but not so useful later
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

Thats is the way I have saved points no my 550. Just tap the screen and It asks you for a name. I have done it only once in the last six months or so. Let us know if that does not work for you.

Caveat: As i remember you have to tap the screen where you want the point to be. I usually have mine zoomed all the way in so, even if I am off by a few CM on the screen it will be close enough. If you are zoomed way out, it might be different. Memory serves it asked if you want to save it as a favorited then you get to name it. As the gentlemen said in the prior post, make it a name that means something :)
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Pockets »

Well you were both right,you just need to tap the screen,then save then, call it a memorable name and bingo your done.
Thanks for the info.
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

And its not documented so someone else can find out as well.