Internal Memory Battery Number.

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
The Cat Slaves
Canada

Internal Memory Battery Number.

Post by The Cat Slaves »

Hi Folks, I know Palm Dr. can replace the internal memory battery but I'm confindent I can change it myself, however
would need to get a new battery. Any one know the battery number for this internal memory battery? Something like
say a 2032 or 2025 coin battery but of course these batteries are way to big. It's about the size of the positive tip of a AA
battery. Just measured it, it's exactly 6 mm across or for you imperial types, a touch over 1/4 ". It's also about 3 mm thick.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.
Moose
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
United States of America

Re: Internal Memory Battery Number.

Post by Moose »

try going to a drug store and look at the hearing aid batteries they have or you can check the numbers on the battery and use the internet
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

So have you contacted Palmdr and ask if you can just buy the battery from him?
It looks like coin batteries are numbered by their size. Say the CR2032 is 20mm x 3.2mm (DxH)
If you have the exact dimensions and voltage rating you may be able to do a internet search, but chances are is not a common battery and will have limited buying options.
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Post by Breezly »

You could buy the battery from Palm Dr for $9.95.

http://www.palmdr.com/cart/batteries-ga ... 2074d45ffe
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
Mmacderr
Ireland

Post by Mmacderr »

Hi Guys, I know this is an old topic but I am wondering if any of you got more info on the internal battery. I'm in Ireland.
Derek
Mmacderr
Ireland

Post by Mmacderr »

An update to my own query regarding the internal battery. I found that on power-up, my 550 was taking a very long time to acquire satellites so I decided to take the unit apart with the intention of replacing the internal battery. Dismantling the unit was a simple task however the PCB with the surface mounted battery was siliconed in place where it meets the connection shoe and only provided limited access. I managed to remove the battery but had to remove one of the tags off it as it obscured the model number. For those of you who might have to perform the same process the battery is a Panasonic ML621 and I got one from RS Radionics in Ireland for less than €5. The company is also in the UK.
The actual label on the package is ML-621S/DN and it looks identical to the original.
The unit is now working like new. Best of luck
carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

Thank you for the update.